Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance
Bachelor’s degree in Higher Education Administration or related field; and 5 years athletic administration experience.
Purpose of Job
Leads and coordinates all aspects of a comprehensive and service-based compliance and student athlete services program/department. Manages a comprehensive and service-based compliance department for a Football Championship Subdivision athletics program.
Scope of Responsibilities
Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of all systems designed to ensure compliance with NCAA, Southwestern Athletic Conference and University rules. Responsibilities also include the coordination of academic services for student-athletes.
Essential Job Functions
• Coordinate, conduct and maintain a comprehensive recruiting monitoring system for telephone calls, text messages, official and unofficial visits, off-campus recruiting and camps and clinics
• Review and approve all coach reimbursement requests and financial documents from business office
• Research, prepare and present rules interpretations for coaches, staff, student-athletes and general public;
• Assist with rules education for coaches, staff, student-athletes, parents, university staff, boosters and general public;
• Coordinate academic services for student-athletes
• Monitor class schedules, grades and student-athlete academic progress toward degree;
• Work with the student-athletes, coaches and the Registrar’s Office on all add/drop requests
• Maintain accurate and complete student-athlete and department files including a Compliance manual.
• Monitor and manage continuing eligibility/satisfactory progress in regards to academic compliance with Alcorn State University, Southwestern Athletic Conference and NCAA rules.
• Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Experience using CA, LSDBi and other applicable NCAA programs and computer software
• Experience and knowledge working with NCAA Bylaws – especially Bylaws 13, 14 ,15 and 17
• Experience Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Banner.