Social Media Strategist
Classification Title: Social Media Strategist
Division: University Advancement
Department: University Communications and Marketing
Nature of Work:
The social media strategist is an expert at building and executing social media strategy and recommending changes that maximize organic traffic and enhance consumer interactions. This individual has an in-depth knowledge of social media marketing, data analysis, user experience metrics, SEO tools. The social media strategist will develop and implement an institutional social media strategy, monitor and measure metrics, provide details reports on results, develop and implement social media campaigns, strategies and initiatives and manage an editorial calendar.
Develop and execute UWG’s social media plan and strategy as part of the overall communication plan.
• Direct and manage social media policy, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with them.
• Train and educate UWG constituents as the university’s social media expert.
• Work with the director of strategic communication to identify faculty experts and though leaders through WebCV and social media platforms.
• Manage new comprehensive social media strategy across all platforms.
• Demonstrate an extensive understanding of all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, Kayak.
• Develop and implement creative, innovative and cutting-edge ways of promoting UWG through social media, such as Facebook Live events, viral videos and contests.
• Monitor real-time messaging on social media platforms.
• Respond to questions on social media about subjects such as admissions, academic advisement, academic programs, financial aid.
• Work with director of strategic communication to disseminate information in challenge or crisis situations on an on-call basis.
• Develop and maintain possible blog as a future goal.
• Define key performance indicators and implement measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge social media effectiveness.
• Apply marketing research and development methods to develop an understanding of emerging trends in social media.
• Work closely with UWG University Communications and Marketing communication, creative services and web services teams.
• Shoot photo and video to support social media messaging.
• Develop graphics using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator.
• Provide support to student organizations, departments, and academic areas
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, mass communication or related discipline, plus three years of professional experience in social media development, implementation, marketing, management and one year of experience in developing social media strategy.
•Excellent written communication skills
•Photo and video experience
•Highly organized and detail-oriented
•Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
Blogging experience a plus
Understanding of WordPress and other content management systems a plus
Salary $42,157 minimum - $58,631 midpoint
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Most of the time for this position will be performed at a desk and in meetings. Some work outside the office will be required and will include carrying photo/video equipment to create digital messaging.
Notice to Applicants:
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.