Cisco Unified Communications Engineer
Connections IT Services is now hiring Unified Communications Infrastructure Engineers. This position will lead the engineering efforts in migrating from legacy voice infrastructure to an innovative enterprise voice, mobility, and Unified Communications solution. This position will also engineer, build, and lead small projects, resolve telephony issues, and optimize the enterprise voice infrastructure. The engineer will interact with various internal teams and external vendors, and is responsible for assisting with the effort to implement Unified Communications projects. Requires interaction with upper-level IT management, leads, engineers, and architects to ensure processes are efficient, sustainable, repeatable, and predictable.
Position ID: cITs0282
Location: Irving, Tx
Duration: 18 Mths CTH
Title: Unified Communications - Infrastructure Engineer (Telecom)
Day to Day Responsibilities Tasks, functions, deliverables, etc.
- Support Unified Communications projects for the enterprise's voice and telephony needs at campus locations, airports, sales offices, and reservations worldwide.
- Coordinate with architects to develop the strategy for defining, deploying, and maintaining voice services with regards to the Unified Communications architecture.
- Design, engineer, and deploy a reliable and robust Unified Communications architecture and platform.
- Prepare input to technical and architecture designs that detail the proposed UC technologies and their integration into the enterprise.
- Support the enterprise UC vision deliverables by implementing viable technologies, ensuring compatibility with the existing environment, and acting as a technical resource for peers and managers within the UC team.
- Research and remain current on emerging Unified Communications technologies, products, services, protocols, and standards that are directly in line with the UC vision, business needs, and requirements.
- Ensure integration compatibility of new UC systems with enterprise LANs, WANs and Internet-based services and protocols.
- Plan for management or phasing out of legacy telephony systems and other switch based technologies.
- Support telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, and interactive voice response, and respond to issue escalation and service interruption as a confident technical leader.
- Assume technical a role in problem resolution and root cause analysis, and provide actionable after-incident analysis to ensure root cause issues are logged and remediated.
- Maintain effective external relationships with UC vendors, consultants, and service providers. Leverage these relationships to ensure that the best fit solutions and resources are available to the enterprise. Where necessary, work with solution vendors during installations and deployments.
- B.S. Computer Science, Telecom, Engineering, or related discipline
- Technical knowledge of VoIP/IP telephony systems, PBXs, voice mail, ACD's, interactive voice services, call management systems, and telecommunications accounting systems
- 5+ years of implementing Cisco voice systems
- Hands on knowledge of SIP, H.323 (IP), H.320 (ISDN), TCP/IP
- Session Border Controller (SONUS, Acme Packet, Cisco, etc)
- Telephony Traffic and Engineering (Erlangs, Trunks, Blockage, etc)
- Technical knowledge of PSTN, VoIP, T1/PRI, MPLS, Frame Relay, ATM, ISDN and systems interconnectivity
- SIP Architecture Integration
- Experience working with the following platforms Avaya, NEC, and Lync
- Understanding of VoIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies (G711, G729, etc)
- Microsoft Visio
- DNS/ENUM and Dialing Plan
- Experience deploying and supporting Unified Communications collaboration tools using integrated voice, video, and data architectures
- Experience with telecom/data carrier provisioning, billing, and troubleshooting procedures
- Experience with VoIP networking and technical proficiency in LAN/WAN architectures
- Experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, and security practices
Connections IT Services is in the business of Aligning Strategy with Talent. Our mission is to identify, qualify, and retain the Best Talent for our clients as well as identify the ideal opportunity for our network of talent professionals. Our intimate understanding of our business clients corporate strategy and corporate culture allows us to vet opportunities that are in line with your technical and business expertise.
Mon, 19 Jun 2017 09:00:53 PDT