Associate Director, Freshman Admissions
Drexel University was founded in Philadelphia in 1891 to provide educational opportunities for women and men of all backgrounds. Now, as a comprehensive research university with over 26,000 students across its 15 colleges and schools, Drexel’s strength in co-operative education, experiential learning, and translational research provides its students and faculty with excellent opportunities for career success. Known for innovation and dramatic growth, Drexel has earned top rankings from U.S. News & World Report, appearing among its Top 100 National Universities for the past seven years and on its Best Colleges list for the past 11 years.
Position Title: Associate Director, Freshman Admissions
The Associate Director of Freshmen Admissions is responsible for the overall successful operation, training and monitoring of freshmen admissions recruitment, selection and yield processes.Key responsibilities include coordinating with departmental leadership to implement student enrollment strategies and manage resources in order to meet performance expectations. He/she will provide leadership in the execution of the business plan, the control of the expenses and other managerial functions, as needed. The Associate Director of Admissions ensures that the philosophy and values of Drexel University are clearly communicated to potential students while demonstrating deep academic program knowledge. The Associate Director of Admissions provides leadership and mentorship to his/her teammates, assists in the execution of the strategic plan, the control of the expenses and other managerial functions, as needed and drives to help his/her team achieve the University's quantitative and qualitative goals while exhibiting professionalism, compliance and ethics, accuracy and passion for higher education.This position requires moderate travel (up to 5 weeks of travel in the Fall and 2-3 weeks in the Spring), as well as working evening and weekend hours as assigned.
1. Develops, directs and leads the coordination of student enrollment activities
2. Ensures that objectives, plans, budgets, policies, practices and actions are consistent with University policies
3. Participates in the development and execution of both short-term and long-term student recruitment strategy to ensure the objectives are met, and is responsible for implementing approved programs
4. Ensures quality hires and manages compensation and performance management programs
5. Recruits and hires new staff, which includes interviewing prospects
6. Delegates responsibilities to teammates
7. Carries out management responsibilities which include the following: planning, assigning and directing work of subordinates; appraising their performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
8. Demonstrates Drexel University values in the completion of all job assignments
9. Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities
10. Assist in creating and maintaining the admissions operations manual. Responsible for the completed product
11. Develops and reviews weekly reports to ensure progress against goals and staff performance metrics
12. Completes other projects and duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have superior customer service experience and must be capable of working under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail. The Associate Director must have an understanding of higher education; possess excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong presentation, oral and written communication skills; have excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively plan; be able to prioritize work and manage projects skillfully. The successful candidate should have a high level of energy and the willingness to work as part of a team. In addition, a qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. Bachelor\'s degree required, advanced degree desirable
2. 5+ years of previous admissions experience preferred
3. Management experience required
4. Keen mind with a strong work ethic; has high energy and is committed team player with excellent leadership capabilities
5. Ability to train and develop team members
6. Ability to lead and manage a team
7. Capacity to be a self-starter
8. Ability to achieve success individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
9. Persistence combined with a positive attitude and approach to work and others -- self-motivating work style
10. Mature, positive and collaborative interpersonal skills
11. Possesses a thorough and demonstrable level of knowledge of school programs, with a demonstrated ability to match a prospective students needs to the correct program fit
12. Must be skilled in both oral and written communication in order to be able to make presentations to members of the management team
13. Superior research and analytical skills
14. Detail orientated
15. Great problem solving and process improvement abilities
16. Ability to meet tight deadlines working with team members outside of Admissions
17. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function for this position
18. Ability to travel up to 8 weeks during Fall recruitment and up to 3-4 weeks during Spring recruitment
19. Ability to work evenings and weekends
20. Valid Driver's License
21. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
Supplemental Posting Information:
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigation.
All applicants must apply online through DrexelJobs to be considered.
Interested, qualified candidates may apply online at: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=82257, or visit www.drexeljobs.com and search for Associate Director, Freshman Admissions. The requisition number is 8252.
For more information about Drexel University, please visit www.drexel.edu.