Oversees the day-to-day duties of all janitors while performing routine cleaning of offices and public areas and maintenance of title and carpeted floors in buildings; solves minor cleaning problems. Supervisor will assists in assigning work schedules and in coordinating special cleaning jobs with management.
This position is a night shift from Monday through Friday; from 6:00 pm to 2:30 am and benefits are available.
- Determines type of chemical and equipment necessary for specific cleaning tasks
- Assist in cleaning when necessary
- Performs routine maintenance of housekeeping equipment
- Identifies cleaning problems and determines appropriate remedies.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Makes rounds to check for crew coverage of designated work areas, assigns needed coverage. gives special cleaning instruction and/or assignments, and ascertains compliance with directives.
- Staff training of supplies, equipment, and area assignments.
Responsibilities include assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and recommending solutions; reporting any disciplinary concerns to the district manager.
- 2+ years of supervisory or managerial experience in the janitorial field with a strong emphasis on customer services
- SF/Local 87 experience a plus
- Knowledge of cleaning products and equipment
- Demonstrates strong skills in: Communication, Decision-making, Leadership, and Problem-solving
- Familiar with methods using in cleaning of buildings, tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to train and supervise a large group of employees
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced, high volume environment.
- Demonstrates professional and political aptitude
- Strong computer proficiency skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Must be a team player and committed to working in a quality environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Arabic is a plus
- Must pass E-VERIFY background check.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to normal weather conditions for the area. While performing the duties of this job, may be working around semi-trucks and trailers, dumpsters, and vans. This may include construction areas and the hazards associated with such. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing Protection not required, but may be worn for comfort.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills require of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
ISS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse workforce.
ISS Facility Services is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes a diverse workplace.
San Francisco, CA
Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:13:02 PDT