Lecturer - Information Systems & Business Analytics
The Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics (ISBA) at Eastern Washington University's College of Business & Public Administration is currently seeking to fill a full time Lecturer position to start fall 2017.
Typical workload for this position will involve 45 credits per academic year, subject to department needs. The primary responsibility will be to teach lower division and upper division Management Information Systems and Business Analytics courses. All faculty are expected to engage in effective teaching and in assessment of student learning outcomes.
Applications will be expected to demonstrate a strong commitment to student learning. Applicants with Master degree only should have documented, sustained professional experience in the field of Information Systems and/or Data Analytics. Applicants must have excellent communication skills. Active scholarship and/or professional service are desired and supported. Annual teaching load will be determined each year in accordance with university policies and the needs of the department.
Eastern Washington University is a regional, comprehensive institution, co-located in Cheney and Spokane with an enrollment of over 13,000 students. We offer over 100 degree programs including both baccalaureate and master degrees in business. The College of Business & Public Administration is accredited by AACSB International, the premier global professional business accreditation organization.
The College and the Department of ISBA are located on the shared University District campus adjacent to downtown Spokane. Cheney and Spokane are 17 miles apart and faculty is expected to teach at both campus locations. Some elect to live in the City of Spokane, others elect to live in small town Cheney; both locations offer a wide choice of affordable housing, good schools, and abundant recreation opportunities.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- Candidates must be available and able to start in the position no later than Friday, September 15, 2017.
- Masters or Research Doctorate in Information Systems, or Decision Science, or Business Analytics, or closely related fields from an accredited institution.
- For candidates who only offer a Master's degree, the candidate should have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in Information Systems or Data Analytics.
- For candidates who offer a Research Doctorate, the candidate should meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Obtained the Doctorate degree recently (within the last 2 years), or
- Have 2 to 3 peer-reviewed journal publications in quality outlets within the last 5 years.
Additionally, candidates must demonstrate Interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity and/or universal access.
- Research Doctorate
- Experience in both Information Systems and Data Analytics areas
- Willingness to teach in an online format