Guides and implements web and digital strategy including content, style, design and identity standards, and policies and procedures and leads and manages the university's social media platforms. Oversees day-to-day operations and management of the Stockton and Sacramento Campus and guides San Francisco websites and web projects and university's main social media channels. Oversees web professionals in Sacramento and San Francisco to align messaging and ensure adherence to university branding and best practices. Leads Stockton and Sacramento web team in creating and updating new and existing websites and projects including social media. Serves as Office of Marketing and Communications representative for university's web-related and social media initiatives. Manages CMS vendor and guides CMS users.
1. Manages and oversees the San Francisco, Stockton and Sacramento Campus websites, web and digital projects, and web applications in the Office of Marketing and Communications:
• Implements changes to the Content Management System (CMS), the website, and email marketing systems.
• Leads project teams and oversees the creation, design, testing and implementation of related projects.
• Leads and oversees university's social media strategy and channels.
2. Leads the creation of new web and social media projects under the guidance of the AVP Marketing and Communications, and provides advice to users for improving their websites and social media outreach .
3. Serves as lead contact for internal and external community for the Stockton and Sacramento Campus websites and most front-end digital projects. Represents the Office of Marketing and Communications for web-related and social media projects.
4. Supervises staff and oversees the workload, project assignments and priorities for the Stockton web and social media team and Sacramento web project manager.
5. Creates/edits web and other digital and social media content, including identifying needs and assisting in the collection/production of photo/video and multimedia.
6. Regularly analyzes reports on website, social media and web project effectiveness through analytics and benchmarking; makes recommendations and/or adjustments based on data.
7. Creates and enforces web and social media policies and procedures to ensure best practices are followed in university branding, web and social media content and style, accessibility and web governance.
8. Develops training courses, creates materials and trains CMS authors. Provides support for CMS authors. Communicates with CMS authors on changes in the CMS, web policy and procedures and best practices in the web.
9. Creates and implements strategic plans and roadmaps for all university's web and digital presence and social media channels, under direction of the AVP Marketing and Communications.
10. Helps maintain the university brand/image by reviewing and approving new sites/content including approving the branding of third-party vendor sites.
11. Manages third-party, web and social media-related vendors, including contracting through the RFP, RFQ or RFI process, managing performance standards and problem resolution.
12. Participates in crisis management training and protocol and is enlisted in drills and for campus emergencies
13. Stays abreast of web and social media trends, best practices and new technologies and makes recommendations for content, design and process improvements
14. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree in web/digital/new media/social media communications, marketing, public relations, business or related field; Five years of management and related work experience.
• Advanced knowledge of and experience in managing institutional and marketing-driven websites, web content, social media platforms and a variety of digital communications.
• Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills; clear and articulate communicator who can translate complex technical ideas easily
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
Advanced knowledge of content management systems and project management databases and software.
Advanced knowledge of creating and designing content rich websites, digital communications, and social media campaigns, including use of photos and videos.
Ability to lead and supervise staff, form strong partnerships with technology team, and lead and manage third party vendors.
Experience with email marketing software and web governance tools such as Blue Hornet and Vertical Response and Siteimprove.
Excellent project management skills; able to manage several high-priority projects simultaneously in a heavy volume environment meeting budgets and deadlines.
Superior customer service and user support skills; highly responsive and attentive.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, HTML and CSS, and Google Analytics.
Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work environment/ work week/ travel: Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work performed during standard business hours. Occasionally requires work during non-standard business hours based on business needs or deadlines. Valid driver's license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University's fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
These efforts will keep Pacific compliant and more importantly, send the message to potential new faculty and staff members that we value diversity and will not discriminate based on a protected class. Call HR with any questions at 209-946-2124.
The University of the Pacific offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation package including tuition remission.
To view the full position description and apply online, please visit
Position is open until filled.