Project Manager - Commercial Roofing
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Involved in all stages of Roofing Project Management by overseeing the production process, coordinating the labor installation on multiple Roofing projects, managing the Roof budget, maintaining a Roofing safety complaints, ensuring the supply of roofing materials and monitoring the quality of the Roof products and Roofing installation.
• Directly responsible for the effective management of the Commercial Flat roofing employees, Commercial Flat roof subcontractors, and Commercial Flat roofing materials (TPO, EPDM, and Modified) for proper installation of all roofing systems.
• Involved in all the stages of Commercial roofing production and roofing installation. Be it the roofing pre-planning stage or the stage of production control and evaluation of the roof plans.
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities, while insuring timely installation of the all roofing systems.
• Follow established procedures and approved processes.
• Schedule and monitor all phases of commercial roofing project management process
• Supervise all production operations.
• Project Manager plan strategies to increase the productivity.
• Coordinate safety training programs for facilities, vehicles, forklifts and equipment.
• Ensure that the collaboration between work departments is lucid and there are no communication gaps.
• Appoint teams to analyze the quality of the products and installation, so that in the quest to reach targets, quality of the product and installation doesn't deteriorate.
• Closely monitors the performance of team members to ensure that the target of production quality is achieved.
• Maintain relationships with vendors and contractors.
• Attend meetings with senior managers to discuss the problems in production (if any), and installation.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered materials on time.
• Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performance review and discipline.
• Strong safety acumen
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Employee training and development
• Measurement of performance to goals and standards.
• Strong team player
• Flexible: Must fit in and work well with all kinds and types of people
PLANNING, INSTALLATION, AND PRODUCTION ABILITIES:
• An ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
• Inventory management.
• Systems and continuous improvement orientation.
• Quality orientation and attention to detail.
• Problem analysis and resolution.
• Quality management.
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
• Must be familiar with product construction and application.
• Must have complete knowledge of production scheduling, shop operations, and field installations.
• This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
• Will be computer literate, particularly in shop floor control, production planning, and inventory control applications.
• Must be extremely organized.
• Record of accomplishing assignments on time.
• Ability to travel
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Approximately 80% of time on the job is spent standing up
• Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly and 100 pounds occasionally
• Works in an office and field environment
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend and move about the facility.
• Ability to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces
• Job may require a significant amount of time spent outside being subject to various weather conditions
• Ideal candidate should have experience in manufacturing of sheet metal panel products to include operation of roll forming machines, brake press equipment and coil lines. We are looking for a person with a manufacturing and metal roofing system installation background.
• 5 years Roofing Project Management, in Tpo roof, Epdm roof, shingle roof, roof repairs, roofing installation, and metal roofing
• Will have a demonstrated knowledge of all roofing systems.
• Broad technical or administrative experience in a roofing environment with ability to use standard office equipment
• An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
• Desirable Qualifications:
• All Types of Roofing System Manufacturing and Installation Experience
Keywords: Roof, Roofing Company, Roof Tar, Roofing Estimates, Roofing Job, Roofers, Roofing Software, Roofing Salary, Roofers Job Description, Roofer Jobs, Roofing Description, Roofing Project, Estimate, Roofing Bids, Roof Management
As a leader in the Commercial and Residential roofing industry since 1998, Roof Depot has grown from serving the greater Atlanta area to working in over 15 states, including the U.S. Virgin Islands in a wide variety of projects. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Roof Depot has office locations in Georgia, North Carolina and Florida. Roof Depot has the capability to handle a diverse variety of projects from single-family residences to multi-building, multi-type projects with flat, low slope, steep slope, tile, or slate systems.
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:02:04 PDT