Identity and Access Management Architect
Identity and Access Management Architect
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
Join our team as an innovative Identity and Access Management (IAM) Architect to serve as strategic thought leader and technical expert that will be responsible for ‘Next Gen' IAM initiatives. The IAM Architect will require a strong understanding of Identity and Access Management technologies, concepts, governance, process and best practices. Equally important is someone who has a strong business acumen that can translate business processes into a technical solution that will serve our needs now and in the future.
Reporting to the IAM Program Manager, the successful candidate will design, build and oversee the implementation of IAM for the University. The successful candidate must be a proven self-starter with a track record of implementing successful IAM programs, who can problem solve and develop strong working and collaborative relationships across diverse project teams, both internally and externally.
WPI has a lot to offer such as extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty members at the top of their fields, state-of-the-art research facilities, and a diverse community teeming with activity. At WPI, we have a competitive and comprehensive benefits ranging from health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
If you want a new challenge and want to make a difference, then WPI can help you get there!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Design a privileged access solution that includes GUID and Identity data store and Identity Governance and Management solutions
• Research, define, and implement role-based authorization methodologies and protocols, authentication technologies, and risk assessment procedures
• Co-lead the IAM vendor selection process, including the evaluation of existing and emerging technologies and tools, as well as SI partners
• Perform IAM vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
• Work with other technical teams to integrate IAM solutions with existing network security protocols• Serve as an internal IAM advisor and subject matter expert to the organization and on various projects, ensuring that common architecture decisions are implemented consistently across business and IT.
• Stay current with IAM trends on technology and methodologies
• Provide technical supervision for (and guidance to) technical contributors
• Proven experience in evaluation and development of a robust IAM solution
• Solid knowledge of IAM principles and practices, and the business processes that IAM needs to support
• Experience in effectively building and maintaining relationships with a diverse population across the organization
• Understanding of directory services, advanced security protocols and standards
• Strong communications skills, both written and oral, and ability to convey technical information to the business community (i.e. Identity flow diagrams)
• Demonstrated skills, capabilities and experience in a consulting role, negotiating and relationship-building
• Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
Posting Date: 06/19/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability. We are looking for individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/4844
WPI, the nation's third oldest private technological university, established in 1865 by New England industrialists John Boynton and Ichabod Washburn consists of 80 acres set in a safe, residential section of Worcester, Massachusetts—the second largest city in New England—home to 13 colleges, and situated 40 miles west of Boston.