Food Service Manager
Responsible for management of all aspects of the patient services operation. Assists the Food and Nutrition Services Director in giving direction, training, motivation and guidance to Food and Nutrition Services Associates to accomplish established standards to meet or exceed patient satisfaction. Position represents ABM Healthcare Support Services to the highest degree.
• Actualizes the ABM Healthcare Support Services Mission, Vision and Value statements.
• Maintains professional behavior consistent with the role, as well as maintain composure in difficult interpersonal situations.
• Knows who all their customers are and initiates and maintains positive relationships with them; promotes a customer service mindset at all times with both internal and external customers. Responds to all requests from the customers with a can-do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
• Initiates and maintains positive relationships with co-workers/associates in an effort to build a strong team. Communicates with other Nutrition Services Managers and staff members to ensure high quality food service for our patients.
• Develops, facilitates, and monitors the process for customer service and patient satisfaction improvement initiatives and suggest new methods that lead to better service. Identifies and implements changes as needed to ensure continual improvement in patient services to meet the department's patient satisfaction goal.
• Ensures all policies and procedures for Patient Food Service are implemented and maintained. Including proper operation of IT systems, e.g. CBORD and patient care system.
• Completes all required ABM Healthcare Support Services weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner; presenting information to be submitted in a neat and professional format.
• Develops/coaches department associates to ensure fullest potential is reached by providing feedback, suggesting ways for them to improve skills or build relations with peers, hospital staff, patients and customers.
• Promotes and drives departmental TQM/Customer Service initiatives; makes rounds with patients to assess if their meal service expectations are being met and implement service recovery as needed.
• Proactively report pertinent feedback to FNS Director in a timely manner.
• Directs staff on the proper of all supplies/equipment within the patient services area; notifies maintenance of equipment in need of repair and/or works with outside contractor; take corrective action as needed until equipment operable.
• Work in conjunction with buyer to order food, supplies and equipment as needed, staying within budget.
• Monitors training programs to ensure compliance and completion within given time frames; conducts in-service training as required.
• Follows Universal Precautions/Infection Control Procedures.
• Demonstrates understanding of HIPAA Privacy Act; maintains confidentiality of patient information.
• Actively participates in customer service improvement initiatives and suggest new methods that lead to better service.
• Works closely with Executive Chef to ensure continuous communication regarding the menu, costs and availability of products for the patient services operation.
• Develops and implements cleaning schedules, completes sanitation inspections and develops reports for FNS Director.
• Ensures temperature records for food, coolers and freezers are completed and filled per policy and procedure.
• Develops Patient Services staff schedules within budgeted master schedule. Monitors staffing daily ensuring all positions are filled; moves staff/adjust schedules as needed to maintain service.
• Documents employee report offs and reports occurrences to FNS Director.
• Demonstrates ability to work and complete all job tasks for all kitchen and tray assembly positions, especially the automated operation (CBORD); works in absence of staff to maintain services, if needed.
• Assists in hiring and training new employees - interviews candidates for Patient Services positions.
• Ensures that all food items are visually inspected and tasted prior to the start of each meal patient meal service; ensures proper action is taken if any items found to be below standard.
• Conducts daily shift huddles with patient services staff. Verifies all food temperatures, portioning and placement of items on trays.
• Monitors tray assembly (trayline/room service) operation, food production, sanitation and safety; identifies problems and directs staff to corrective action to resolve and prevent reoccurrences.
• Ensures all opened/leftover food is stored properly.
• Is able to lead the department in the absence of the FNS Director.
• Participates in budgeting for cost of food, supplies and capital equipment.
• Ensures department and annual facility training programs are completed within given timeframes; conducts in-service training with patient services team.
• Assists with maintaining employee files, time and attendance records and corrective action process; aware of and enforces all HR procedures as noted in employee personnel manual.
• Participates in annual performance evaluation process for all patient service staff ensuring reviews are completed per facility guidelines and time frames.
• Takes responsibility for self-development - supports a learning environment.
• Attends outside educational seminars pertinent to patient satisfaction and service as well as regulatory issues.
• Reports to work on time, requests time off in advance, follows ABM Healthcare Support vacation and attendance policies and procedures guidelines.
• Participates in facility community service events or does volunteer work in community.
• Completes other duties as assigned by Food and Nutrition Services Director.
• May be required to travel via automobile to meetings and hospital-related functions.
About ABM Healthcare Support Services
ABM Healthcare Support Services joins together three healthcare services leaders HHA Services, Healthcare Parking Systems of America (HPSA) and ABM Health to provide each of the services needed to support healthcare entire ecosystem from hospitals to ambulatory surgical centers and medical office buildings. Services provided include clinical engineering & healthcare technologies, environmental services, facility management, food service, hospitality, parking, patient observation & transportation, and security.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (MINORITY/FEMALE/VETERAN/DISABILITY)
Mon, 19 Jun 2017 11:13:38 PDT