Administrative Assistant III (P/T), CPRN40665AIS
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service, assisting prospective students through the application processes. Performs customer service functions and reception duties for the Office of Admissions & Outreach. Provides informational and referral assistance to students, faculty, community persons, and visitors, both in Person, by telephone and email. Assists with data entry of prospects and applicants.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant III (P/T), CPRN40665AIS
Duties of Position:
- Assist students, community members and staff with their questions and concerns, both in person, over the phone, and via email in regards to admissions, registration, residency, courses, programs, etc.
- Assist with supervision and training of student workers/student ambassadors within the Office of Admissions & Outreach.
- Schedule appointments for new and prospective students; individual admissions appointment, campus visit days and new student advising sessions.
- Respond to email and web requests to admissions mailbox. Utilize Outlook, Recruiter and Colleague to track interactions.
- Appropriately refer students, as a liaison to other offices and services, by providing accurate information following the guidelines of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) as well as College, State and Federal policies and procedures.
- Conduct phone campaigns for visit days and tours.
- Provide referrals to other College services and individuals.
- In coordination with Student Help Desk, troubleshoots myACCESS accounts.
- Screen requests, ask pertinent questions, describe services, answer general questions; conduct intake screening and decide on appropriate action.
- Constantly review processes within key offices (Financial Aid, Testing Center, Counseling and Advising, etc.) to provide the most current information during inquiries from potential and current students.
- Assist with the development, implementation, assessment and evaluation of operational procedures.
- Assist with mailings to new and prospective students including, preparing new student packets for recruitment activities.
- Perform data entry input of intake forms, inquiry cards and applications into Ellucian Recruiter CRM.
- Provide suggestions to further enhance and streamline the application process via Ellucian Recruiter and Colleague.
- Utilize ImageNow document imaging to scan documents for admissions related processes.
- Tabulate evaluation surveys/metrics from enrollment events and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
REQUIRED: High School Graduate with course work or training in office careers, including typing.
PREFERRED: Associate Degree, office careers coursework and training in customer service.
REQUIRED: Must have proficiency in written and spoken English, knowledge of Microsoft Office and keyboarding. One to two year's experience in a position dealing with high volume of phone and walk-in-traffic.
PREFERRED: Two years office work with Excel, Access, Word, Publisher, Ellucian Recruiter, Colleague or similar CRM/ERP. Bi-lingual. More than two years in high volume office described above, special preference to previous college office experience. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
PC, copy machine, multiple line telephone and scanner.
Large amount of work on computer; heavy telephone work and steady customer contact. Good communication skills, verbal and written, and good listening skills. Must be able to occasionally lift materials up to 30lbs.
Heavy phone contact, extensive people contact and front line counter work. Lifts approximately 30 pounds of materials.
Department: Admissions & Outreach - AIS
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt