Job Title Executive Secretary
The Executive Secretary provides operational support to the Testing Services office and performs various administrative functions requiring initiative, discretion, confidentiality and independent judgment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Four years of typing, filing, and customer service experience in an office or administrative support position.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Must acquire and maintain testing certifications within six months of hire.
Experience in a higher education setting with a strong understanding of organizational practices and culture.
Experience working in a testing environment.
Experience with Ellucian Banner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Knowledge of the professional standards and guidelines for post-secondary testing in accordance with national practices and standards.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
Ability to work effectively with others, work independently, and exercise good judgment.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
Ability to diffuse and respond professionally to stressful situations and difficult people.
Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures consistently.
Salary Range $16.28 - $17.72 hourly ($34,000 - $37,000 Annually)
Essential Job Duties
•Provides administrative support to the Testing Services office such as processes travel authorization requests and travel reimbursements. Maintains inventory of supplies and fixed assets. Coordinates meetings and reserves facilities and technical resources. Maintains appointment calendars and department event calendar. Screens and routes calls/mail/faxes. Reviews, sorts, and responds to department email inquiries.
•Maintains department budgets including monitors expenditures, researches purchase options, prepares purchase requisitions and invoices, and reconciles purchasing card expenditures.
•Receives cash, checks and/or credit card payments for testing services in accordance with PCI requirements. Prepares monthly test reports and reconciles accounts receivables.
•Explains test registration, test scheduling, and identification requirements for each exam. Ensures appropriate administration of all institutional testing programs by following guidelines set by each program for security and supervision of the test.
•Prepares computerized workstations for testing. Troubleshoots and resolves basic equipment or software problems.
•Acts as a liaison to various testing vendors, colleges, faculty, and staff to ensure services can be provided timely and efficiently.
•Enters test scores and student demographic data into Banner. Works closely with Adaptive Services for testing accommodation needs.
•Ensures the smooth operation of national test exams administered on Saturdays by providing and coordinating room reservations, test proctors and supervisors. Orders, receives, inventories, and distributes testing materials and supplies.
•Maintains security of testing materials to prevent loss or compromise. Responsible for secure, accurate and prompt return of test materials. Verifies eligibility to test and applicant's identity.
•Participates in university recruitment events as needed.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS260P
Open Date 04/17/2017
Close Date 06/26/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have experience operating a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)?
- * Do you have four or more years of administrative support experience providing typing, filing, and customer service?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)