Scientific Software EngineerPosition Summary
The Physicist will lead the development and support for the NSCL data acquisition(DAQ) and analysis frameworks.Required Degree
Doctorate -Physics or Computer ScienceDesired Degree
Masters -Nuclear or High Energy Experimental PhysMinimum Requirements
- Advanced degree in Physics or Computer Science.
- Significant knowledge and expertise in any of the programming languages: C, C++, Java.
- Significant knowledgeand expertise maintaining software in support of a research laboratory environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Linux background.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate software and hardware opportunities for inclusion into acquisition or analysis frameworks.
- Degree specialization in Nuclear or High Energy experimental physics.
- One or more years of software development that involves interfacing with hardware including tailoring EPICS for use as a slow controls system.
- One or more years working with digital front ends with sampling speeds higher than 100 MSPS.
- One or more years using Root to build frameworks for the analysis of specific experimental data.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries on software tool installation, management, and testing.
- Experience using and developing parallel code for use with high performance computing systems.
- Experience with visualization software and tools.
CV and Cover Letter.Special Instructions
Review of applications will begin on July 5, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.