Scientific Software EngineerPosition Summary
The Physicist will lead the development and support for the NSCL data acquisition(DAQ) and analysis frameworks.Required Degree
Doctorate -Physics or Computer ScienceDesired Degree
Masters -Nuclear or High Energy Experimental PhysMinimum Requirements
- Advanced degree in Physics or Computer Science.
- Significant knowledge and expertise in any of the programming languages: C, C++, Java.
- Significant knowledgeand expertise maintaining software in support of a research laboratory environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Linux background.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate software and hardware opportunities for inclusion into acquisition or analysis frameworks.
- Degree specialization in Nuclear or High Energy experimental physics.
- One or more years of software development that involves interfacing with hardware including tailoring EPICS for use as a slow controls system.
- One or more years working with digital front ends with sampling speeds higher than 100 MSPS.
- One or more years using Root to build frameworks for the analysis of specific experimental data.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries on software tool installation, management, and testing.
- Experience using and developing parallel code for use with high performance computing systems.
- Experience with visualization software and tools.
CV or Resume, Cover Letter and the names and contact information for three references.Special Instructions
Review of applications will begin on August 9, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Please provide the names and contact information in your application for three references.