As the front door to higher education in Ohio, Columbus State Community College seeks an experienced, strategic and visionary leader to further advance the institution's mission and partnerships as the Director of Admissions. This position will provide leadership and management of the College's recruiting strategies and tactics; leads the ongoing professional development of the Admissions staff; ensures operational excellence; is responsible for proactive and stellar external relationships with K12 and workforce stakeholders as it relates to Admissions strategies. The incumbent in this position is responsible for recruiting first time in college; transfer; and matriculation dual credit students with special emphasis on equity and first generation recruiting strategies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1. Provides leadership and management of Columbus State’s recruiting strategies. Serves as one of the principle contributors to the college’s overarching Strategic Enrollment Plan, serves on the college’s
Student Success Council and the division’s Leadership Council, and implements department-specific strategies and goals in alignment with institutional student success and strategic enrollment objectives.
2. Leads ongoing professional development of the Admissions team. Supervises staff and/or supervisors by assigning and delegating tasks, providing direction, resolving work problems, communicating job expectations, training employees, and developing professional growth development opportunities. Conducts annual employee evaluations, and recommends pay increases, promotions, and other personnel actions. Approves leaves and authorizes overtime as appropriate. Participates in employee selection process. Administers disciplinary actions upon approval, and in collaboration with Human Resources. Carries out, explains, interprets and enforces policy, and maintains responsibility for administering and managing department budget.
3. Collaborates with other key campus stakeholders across campus in a leadership capacity to ensure recruiting and admission strategies align with Academic Affairs and institutional goals
4. Ensures robust data analysis and assessment standards are in place and practiced in order to inform, shape, and assess the success of recruiting and new student enrollment strategies.
5. Maintains confidentiality of student records, and maintains personnel files and other sensitive information.
6. Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The incumbent in this position must possess demonstrated high level achievement in Admissions and/or new student enrollment strategies and tactics which lead to fulfillment of institutional enrollment and student success goals. In depth knowledge of Admissions and enrollment theory and best practice is required. The incumbent in this position must have knowledge of Admissions industry professional guidelines and standards as well as knowledge of student privacy standards. The incumbent in this position possesses a strong understanding of the relationship between Admissions and new student enrollment and the entire student success continuum. Knowledge of and experience in guided pathways; transfer agreements/partnerships and recruiting a diverse student body strongly preferred. The Admissions Director must possess a strong social and emotional intelligence quotient and be able to work well across institutional and external stakeholder groups. This position is often the external face of Columbus State to prospective students, families, and affinity groups and, therefore, must possess a high degree of professionalism as well as be an engaging and dynamic speaker.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Administration, Student Personnel or a closely related field and at least five years experience and demonstrated expertise in an assigned functional area, topical expertise, or possession of a certification in a relevant functional area, including supervision of others. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to worksite(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Masters Degree
Additional Information: Applicants must submit a cover letter detailing the match between their qualifications and the needs of the position. Applications submitted without a cover letter will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
Apply for Director-Admissions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly