Public Relations Specialist III
Public Relations Spec IIIJob Description:
MEDIA RESPONSE. Oversee UF Health’s 24/7 response to media inquiries and proactive news pitching to local, regional, and national media. Play a lead role in issues management and emergency preparedness. Serve as key advisor to college, campus, or unit leadership when crisis communications/public relations issues arise. Instrumental in developing key messages. Serve as a Public Information Office (PIO) spokesperson for the organization. Escort members of the media when they visit the Academic Health Center (AHC) and/or campus. Organize press conferences and related materials. Conceptualize, develop, and produces written materials for internal and external audiences. Develop and implement communications activities designed to enhance the awareness of clinical accomplishments in patient care, research, and education. Work closely with UF Health creative services staff members to coordinate photography, videography, and graphic design to complete projects.
SOCIAL MEDIA. Responsible for developing strategies to successfully pitch content and experts to journalists via social media as well as increasing UF Health’s social media presence and web traffic. Work closely with the social media team to monitor the UF Health News social media pages and to scour various websites and publications for fresh content. Responsible for updating the home page web slider for the UF Health News social media accounts.
NEWS & PUBLIC RELATIONS. Participate in communications planning for UF Health. Ensure a coordinated approach to news and public relations, as well as marketing efforts, working closely with UF Health Communications leadership, UF Communications, their individual units with similar goals, and UF Advancement, to ensure effectiveness, avoid duplication of effort, and ensure adherence to uniform standards and policy. Coordinate awareness activities and events for internal and external audiences. Track, communicate, and evaluates progress of projects and metrics throughout process. Provide regular reports.
OTHER. Meet regularly with UF Health Communications leadership and attend strategic planning meetings. Attend weekly News and Publications meetings. Perform other duties (as required).
$55,000 - $65,000Minimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Five years of appropriate experience
- Experience with media relations, crisis communications, issues management, public relations campaign, and press conference coordination
- Experience in working as a public information officer
- Experience in working with medical and scientific topics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Superior spelling, punctuation, and grammatical skills
- Proficient in Associated Press (AP) style
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments independently
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and with diverse individuals toward organizational
Please submit resume or CV, list of references, and cover letter.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No