Advancement Creative Support Manager
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, design, animation, video production or an appropriate area of specialization from an accredited institution plus three (3) to five (5) years of relevant professional experience.
Purpose of Job
Alcorn State University seeks a highly-motivated, organized, professional and experienced team member for the position of Manager of Advancement Creative Support (MACS) with the ASU Foundation, Inc.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services and Annual Fund (DASAF), the Advancement Creative Support Manager is a vital member of the Division of Institutional Advancement (DIA) team and provides critical support in a fast-paced, lively and collegial atmosphere. The ideal candidate must be an effective and agile multi-tasker with an ability to handle sensitive and confidential information, prioritize competing assignments and deadlines, while producing highly accurate work. The capacity for clear, thoughtful communication, strong analytical skills and an eagle eye for detail are crucial. The position requires the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations as well as the ability to work with a positive attitude, good humor, grace under pressure and tight deadlines.
Scope of Responsibilities
The Advancement Creative Support Manager is responsible for the strategic design, alignment, development and implementation of support functions and infrastructure that provide a foundation for the DIA to achieve its annual goals in fundraising and constituent engagement. The MACS is responsible for various operational and administrative functions of Advancement Creative Support which includes development, implementation and management of all online, social media, digital and print material, videography and database maintenance for the DIA. As the primary content producer for the DIA, the incumbent will maximize engagement and advance our philanthropic brand amongst Alcorn donors and prospects, while ensuring a consistent voice in the communications, marketing and development efforts for the department. The MACS will play a key role in conceptualizing, creating, maintaining and expanding the department’s graphic content for the annual fund campaign.
The Manager of Advancement Creative Support works closely with the DASAF and the DIA management team, coordinates with staff in other offices across the University, and may interface with Foundation Board, corporate partners and/or major donors. S/he may serve as a point of contact and interface between the ED/VPIA and internal and external audiences including senior and executive administrators, major donors, board members, faculty, staff, students and alumni in person, via telephone and email. Thus the top candidate will have exceptional customer service skills and experience working effectively with a variety of people and personalities as well as possess strong credibility, commitment to the organization and mission and ethics/integrity beyond reproach.
Essential Job Functions
• Lead and implement the overall social media strategy for the Foundation and Department, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and other platforms.
• Develops an online strategy that provides fresh videos, photos and graphics coverage on a regular basis.
• Monitor for new ideas involving Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other social media outlets with emphasis on up-to-date and current events;
• Plays a key role in maintaining and expanding the department’s photography and video production efforts.
• Produces/directs live web streaming, coaches’ shows, and a wide variety of video features.
• Conceptualizes, creates, and designs video and photo productions and graphics, including editing video, setting up/tearing down video productions, and shooting promotional pieces and interviews.
• Produce and manage innovative and compelling videos, including but not limited to highlight videos, special projects, and commercials within guidance and direction from the ED/VPIA.
• Responsible for all pre- and post-production work, as well as production of all events as assigned to include hiring and managing game day crews.
• Creates promotional graphic, photo and video content for promotional TV commercials, in-game video board content and all marketing and promotions videos used to increase game attendance, improve in-game atmosphere and engage fans via social media.
• Arranges on-camera interviews, stand-ups, and b-roll footage. Also conducts the necessary research to ensure that all interviews and shots are taken to fulfill story lines.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates must be creative problem-solvers who possess exceptional written and oral communication skills and advanced Microsoft Office Suite and Google suite proficiency; A high degree of knowledge and experience with video production, photography and graphic design systems are essential to successfully carry out the duties of this position.
1. Must exhibit a personal understanding of, commitment to and operate in concert with the mission and institutional statement of the University and Foundation.
2. A proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing is essential, as the role includes high visibility with students, alumni, staff, faculty, and friends.
3. A demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively resolve challenges at all points on the spectrum, from high-level strategic to day-to-day practical and complete projects independently and timely is essential.
4. Highly developed analytic and planning skills, and demonstrated capacity for implementing well- crafted plans and achieving desired results with the use of data and information effectively in planning and decision-making, and be driven toward setting and achieving goals.
5. Outstanding organizational skills, including a strong marketing and design sense and close attention to detail.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.