Graduate Counselor ( Professional Services Specialist IV)
Division: Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Title: Graduate Counselor ( Professional Services Specialist IV)
Reporting to: Associate Director of Admissions
The Graduate Admissions Counselor will be an integral member of the team responsible for event planning, recruiting and enrolling new students for a rapidly-growing number of graduate programs. As a valuable member of the enrollment management team, the Graduate Admissions Counselor is responsible for developing and implementing programmatic marketing/recruitment strategies that result in increasing both the quantity and quality of graduate students entering the University. The incumbent is expected to actively participate/promote the myriad of on and off-campus activities designed to recruit, admit, and yield an entering class for each program that align with institutional enrollment goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of all graduate programs and admissions information to interface and market key points to prospective students Provide assistance to inquiries, applicants, accepted and enrolled students with the goal of recruiting qualified students and increasing enrollment. Work with the graduate faculty coordinators to incorporate program information into communications and to develop an engaging student recruitment program. Assist with planning, marketing, and attending on and off campus recruitment and yield events such as information sessions, fairs, workshops, virtual information sessions, and open houses Responsible for daily integration of CRM and other related technological platforms used by the University.
- Assist with communication initiatives, database management, creation of targeted content, and on-going CRM messaging.
- Establish channels of communication with prospective students to introduce them to and inform them of NJCU’s programs; facilitate their relationship with the institution throughout the admissions process - inquiry through enrolled student.
- Work closely with academic departments and marketing team to support recruitment efforts.
- Responsible for monitoring recruitment inventory and requesting updates and reprints, as needed.
- Prepares clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Assist the Director in assessing the effectiveness of proposed publications
- Run reports from various systems on an ad-hoc basis. Assist the Associate Director with basic market research. Prepare information for mailings and other uses. Serves on special and/or standing committees of the University, as needed Assumes responsibility for special projects, as assigned. Participate in division-related programs and services for new students.
General direction is provided by the Director and Associate Directors of University Admissions.
Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Prior experience in student recruitment, program development, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
Ability to travel as required for recruitment.
Demonstrated strength in interpersonal skills, high personal energy level, and strong commitment to customer service.
Strong organization, verbal, and written communication skills.
Ability to present to large groups, as well as communicate one-on-one with prospective students.
Ability to work collaboratively with enrollment management team and other university units.
Master’s degree preferred.
Experience in higher education setting preferred. Previous experience in an Office of Admissions/ Graduate Admissions is highly desirable.
Knowledge of higher education CRM systems.
CUT-OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION: Friday, June 30, 2017