Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-19-2017
The Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality is one of 12 departments within the Division of Student Affairs. It provides the campus community and guests with high-quality, efficient, and innovative event services and dining options in a variety of settings dedicated to accentuating and enhancing the campus experience in a diverse community.
Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality is committed to providing an outstanding dining experience. This position plays an integral role in accomplishing this goal by managing the day-to-day operations of a complex, multi-venue food service facility.
Whether it's to find a place to study, gather with friends, enjoy a bite to eat, or plan a large event, the Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality takes great pride in providing welcoming and inclusive spaces, high-quality food services, and experienced and professional staff who care about making every experience individualized and extraordinary. It is our philosophy to recruit, inspire, and retain talented team members and promote wellness and foster their development. It is our goal to promote a more fully diverse and inclusive campus community.
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, hospitality management, food service administration, institutional food services, or dietetics.
2. Five years experience in food service management, 2 years of which must be in at an administrative level in a complex, high volume facility with the responsibility of supervising (evaluating, training, and disciplining) a large number of employees.
3. Demonstrated ability to lead multiple teams in a complex, diverse organization and successfully provide alignment and innovation to generate measurable outcomes to multiple client and customer locations.
4. Demonstrated ability to lead change and manage talent in a complex, diverse organization including the ability to influence and negotiate.
5. Demonstrated ability to build strategic relationships and network effectively.
6. Must possess highly developed interpersonal, organization and communication (written and verbal) skills.
7. Must possess strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to stay abreast business and industry knowledge and ability to utilize this knowledge in decision making.
9. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.