Tutor Multiple Subjects
Department Name Library
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number PT042-15
Reports To Asst. Dean, Learning Commons
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Support Staff
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 6
Job Description Summary
The tutors in these positions will work directly with students, providing academic tutorial assistance in support of the material taught in class.
A tutor's overall objective is to support the department's goal of providing students with supplemental academic support by:
- Providing one-to-one and small group tutoring
- Developing and implementing non-credit workshops
- Conducting "class visits" and assisting in publicizing services
- Assisting in the maintenance of records
- Completing all necessary paperwork accurately and according to stated deadlines
-Assisting in the development and maintenance of departmental instructional materials.
-Minimum of a highschool diploma/GED
-Demonstrated knowledge and competence in the subject matter
-Be able to explain concepts to others effectively
-Effectively communicate study strategies to ensure academic success
-Work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds
-Exhibit patience and positive attitudes in establishing an encouraging learning environment
-Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere through:
-Professional decorum and appearance
-Ethical and professional conduct
-Courtesy and tact
-Respect for the College community
-Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
Tutors will be hired on a part-time basis, Individual schedules will range anywhere between 9:00AM and 7:30PM, Monday through Thursday and/or 9:00AM and 2:00PM on Friday.
Posting Open Date 08/08/2014
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- * Please advise of the subject area that you qualify to tutor. *Example: Math, English or Science i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Health Careers, etc.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have relevant teaching or tutoring experience in the subject matter area of your interest?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae