Campus Minister for Service Opportunities/Adjunct, RTS
Position Overview: Merrimack College, an Augustinian Catholic college, is seeking a Campus Minister for Service Opportunities who will also serve as an adjunct professor of Religious and Theological Studies. Working as part of the Campus Ministry Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the evangelization and faith formation of undergraduate and graduate students while specifically organizing, promoting, and directing faith based service and outreach domestically and internationally, as well as other responsibilities in the Center for Campus Ministry. In addition, this candidate will be responsible for teaching two class sections each semester in the Religious and Theological Studies Department, particularly, but not exclusively sections of the RTS course required of all students. The combination of classroom teaching and pastoral ministry offers a unique opportunity to assist young adults in deepening their relationship with God through direct service of others, especially the poor and the oppressed.
This is a full time, twelve month, fiscal year position.
- A Doctoral Degree (or nearly completed) in Theology/Spirituality/Pastoral Ministry with a strong foundation in Catholic Social Teaching.
- Experience teaching undergraduate theology.
- Experience in Campus Ministry and/or experience organizing and leading service immersion opportunities.
- Willingness to express a personal and healthy faith commitment through active and public religious practice.
- An outgoing and engaging personality able to connect with young adults at all levels of faith and spiritual development.
- Ability to engage young adults in the process of faith development.
- Willingness and skill for work on a collaborative team.
- Ability to be present for evening and weekend programming on campus.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter, resume and reference contact. Deadline for applications is July 1, 2017.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.