Director of Enterprise Applications
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-060
Posting Start Date: 6/19/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $93,736 - $105,562
Director of Enterprise Applications
Director of Enterprise Applications is responsible for:
The Director is responsible for preserving and improving how well the portfolio of Enterprise Applications supports the on-going operational needs of the college. This includes areas like security, business continuity, day-to-day operations, upgrades, improvements and enhancements, as well as bringing on new technology as needs are identified. This key leadership role has exposure to all key initiatives and strategies and requires understanding of customer needs and challenges in fully leveraging the available technology. Initially this role will be almost exclusively focused on the implementation of a new ERP and other technology for the college.
This role is responsible for the management, security, integrity, programming and disaster recovery planning of all administrative server systems and centralized data processing for the college. The position oversees all Administrative Computing (ERP) platforms and services and is responsible for the development and maintenance of a complex technological infrastructure within an academic environment and the successful integration of security, legislative and academic requirements. This includes feasibility studies, project estimates (time and cost), hardware and software requirements, and coordinating planning across Information Technology and other department groups. The Director assigns and prioritizes approved projects to programming/analyst and consultant personnel.
Leadership & Management
- Supervises Enterprise Applications programming staff. Responsible for the full employee life cycle for employees who report to this position.
- Directs administrative system planning/architecture, analysis and programming for the administrative computing and associated systems.
- Leads or coordinates the analysis, design, and programming for the Enterprise Application portfolio and other third party and custom databases and software.
- Coordinates quality assurance for all new and current Enterprise Applications, processes, and databases.
- Assists the CIO in formulating policies and procedures for this area
- Oversees Enterprise Applications standards and procedures.
- Assigns projects or approved programming services requests to programming/analyst personnel.
- Acts as a project leader for assigned projects. This includes typical software development lifecycle phases such as: requirements gathering, coding, testing, documentation, program implementation and user acceptance.
- Performs analysis and consults with clients to determine feasibility, desired results, and the method to be used to accomplish the objective.
- Prepares high level design specifications and guidelines from which programs can be written.
- Evaluates current processes and recommends solutions that can streamline and provide efficiencies in cost and process time.
- Provides planning; strategic and tactical support for the Enterprise Applications, related sub-systems and 3rd party products.
- Mentors and develops staff members. Serves as an expert resource when needed.
- Ensures Enterprise Application security is appropriate.
- Oversees installation and manages integration between Enterprise Applications and other related systems.
- Provides oversight and planning for the annual business recovery rehearsal, disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Partners with IT, the Working Groups (HR, Finance, Student, Portal, etc.) and other business leaders to understand the needs of the business and works to ensure the Enterprise Applications are properly aligned to meet business priorities.
- Leads and facilitates the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies or capabilities that can be applied within the Enterprise System Portfolio.
- Establishes, monitors and reports on SLAs with the business units.
- Prepares system development cost estimates, budgets and schedules.
- Prepares and presents project proposals to management and business partner departments.
- Education: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Education/Training in the areas of Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Minimum of (5) year's or related work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more ERP systems and associated products
- Ability to prioritize work load effectively, delegate tasks and work efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; this position will meet with clients from all functional areas of the college.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to listen to clients' needs and requirements and translate those requirements into actionable plans and projects.
- Ability to manage Programmer/Analysts and Operations Specialist staff.
- Strong project management experience.
- Prior portal/web management experience
- Thorough understanding of SDLC and code management
- Knowledge and experience in managing cloud-based applications
- Experience managing vendors in both systems implementations and support of ongoing operations
- Understanding of FERPA and HIPAA-regulated environment is strongly desired.
Experience in an institution of Higher Education.
Preferred Education and Training: Master's degree and related professional certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working knowledge of cyber security
Working knowledge of IT infrastructure management including data center and network management
Experience developing or managing database systems like MS SQL, Oracle, etc.
Familiarity with Reporting, Visualization, and data analytic software packages
Prior experience with Document Imaging / Document Management and its integration into ERP and other systems.
Experience with VMs; VMware
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.