Assistant Director of Admission
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Admission. Reporting to the director of graduate and online admission, the assistant director will be responsible for the recruitment of prospective students seeking to complete a bachelor's or graduate degree on campus or online.
Prospective online students typically reside within a 50-mile radius of campus; however, due to the online component of the degree, many out-of-state students are also attracted to the university's academic programs. The assistant director must be efficient and effective in all aspects of student recruitment, especially via telephone and online communication. Additionally, the assistant director is responsible for assisting in the design, development, implementation and management of various admission programs, strategies, policies, and practices that meet the established goals and objectives of the admission office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, analyzes, develops and implements various recruitment initiatives to augment the university's outreach efforts to prospective students.
- Travels to and manages assigned geographic territories as necessary to identify, recruit, admit and enroll academically qualified students.
- Adopts a data-driven approach to developing recruitment strategies structured around education fairs, community events and admission receptions to increase interest in university bachelor's and graduate programs.
- Establishes and maintains an active communication flow with prospective students, local area employers and other viable community partners.
- Guides prospective students through the application process and facilitates questions related to the university's academic, support, cultural, and financial environments.
- Collaborates with team members and leadership to ensure operational activities within the admission office are streamlined and productive.
- Reads, interprets and evaluates students' academic credentials to determine an appropriate admission decision.
- Assists with the planning and execution of special programs and projects.
- Provides admission presentations to prospective students and various constituent groups.
- Completes routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs and professional development.
- Participates in various events on-campus and in the local community to attract and recruit students to the university.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency and knowledge of admission recruitment in a non-profit organization, FERPA and best practices for non-traditional student recruitment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate university programs and offerings to prospective students.
- Skilled at interacting and communicating with varying audiences in both small and large settings.
- Ability to travel and work a varied schedule with flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
- Skilled at efficiently and effectively solving problems independently.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; planning and organizing multiple projects, recruitment efforts and travel.
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and ability to become familiar with recruitment software programs.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required. Candidates with a master's degree preferred.
- Two to four years of progressive admission and higher education experience required. Consideration will not be given to candidates without direct college admission experience.
- Based on experience, candidates may instead be considered for a similar role as an admission counselor.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7290.
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.