Lecturers in Education Methods
Open date: June 15th, 2017
Last review date: July 14th, 2017
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: November 3rd, 2017
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UC Irvine School of Education Lecturers in Education Methods
The UC Irvine School of Education seeks applicants for temporary, part-time lecturer positions in 2017-2018 to teach courses in the Undergraduate and Credential Programs. Generally, part-time lecturer positions are offered for one quarter at a time and at varying percentages of time, depending on the number and nature of courses assigned. Some courses are scheduled during the day (one or two days per week); other courses are scheduled for one evening per week.
Openings may include but are not limited to the following course topics:
Elementary and Secondary Methods Instructors
• Teaching and learning math in elementary and secondary grades
• Teaching and learning art in secondary grades
• Teaching and learning English language arts in secondary grades
• Teaching and learning science in elementary and secondary grades
• Education of special populations (exceptionalities and disabilities) in elementary and secondary grades
• English language development and applications in secondary grades
Service Period Dates:
Fall Quarter: 9/25/17 - 12/15/17
Winter Quarter: 1/3/18 - 3/23/18
Spring Quarter: 3/28/18 - 6/15/18
A master's degree, a record of successful teaching experience, and demonstrated expertise in the content of the course to be taught. Must have three years of experience teaching in K-12. Relevant experience may be considered.
Teaching Credential. A doctoral degree in a field related to the course to be taught.
Annual full-time salaries will begin at a base rate of $53,402.
Applications should be submitted online at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04083
- Cover letter must state the following: a) the course topic(s) you are applying to teach; b) an explanation of your qualifications to teach the topic(s); and c) your availability to teach during the day or evening.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Evaluations (if available)
- Names for three professional references
More information about UCI's School of Education can be found at: www.education.uci.edu.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://education.uci.edu/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Cover letter must state the following: a) the course topic(s) you are applying to teach; b) an explanation of your qualifications to teach the topic(s); and c) your availability to teach during the day or evening.
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now