Lecturers in Education Sciences
Open date: June 15th, 2017
Last review date: July 14th, 2017
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: November 3rd, 2017
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UC Irvine School of Education Lecturers in Education Sciences
The UC Irvine School of Education seeks applicants for temporary, part-time lecturer positions in 2017-2018 to teach courses in the Undergraduate and Credential Programs. Generally, part-time lecturer positions are offered for one quarter at a time and at varying percentages of time, depending on the number and nature of courses assigned. Courses are typically scheduled for either 80 minutes on Tuesday/Thursdays or for 50 minutes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday). Some courses are offered online; other courses are scheduled for one evening per week.
Openings may include but are not limited to the following course topics:
• Developing literacies for academic success in the 21st century (reading, writing, academic language, research skills, media and technology skills, scientific literacy, critical thinking, communication)
• Multicultural education, equity, and diversity in K-12 schools
• Educational Research and Evaluation
• Child and Adolescent Development
• Cognition and Learning
• Out-of-School Learning
Service Period Dates for 2017-2018:
Fall Quarter: 9/25/17 - 12/15/17
Winter Quarter: 1/3/18 - 3/23/18
Spring Quarter: 3/28/18 - 6/15/18
A master's degree, a record of successful teaching experience, and demonstrated expertise in the content of the course to be taught. Relevant experience may be considered.
A doctoral degree in a field related to the course to be taught. Teaching at University level; experienced in digital learning technologies and using Canvas as a learning management system.
Annual full-time salaries will begin at a base rate of $53,402.
Applications should be submitted online at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04084 and must include:
- Cover letter must state the following: a) the course topic(s) you are applying to teach; b) an explanation of your qualifications to teach the topic(s); and c) your availability to teach during the week (Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/Wednesday/Friday) and/or day or evening.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Evaluations (if available)
- Names and contact information for three professional references
More information about UCI's School of Education can be found at: www.education.uci.edu.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://education.uci.edu/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Cover letter must state the following: a) the course topic(s) you are applying to teach; b) an explanation of your qualifications to teach the topic(s); and c) your availability to teach during the week (Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/Wednesday/Friday) and/or
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now