Administrative Assistant II - College of Arts and Sciences, Undergraduate Academic Services
University of Delaware
Job Title Administrative Assistant II - College of Arts and Sciences, Undergraduate Academic Services
Job ID 104722
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 26N
DEADLINE: July 7, 2017
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The College of Art and Sciences enrolls ~7000 undergraduate students in 70+ majors and 50+ minors offered by 23 academic departments and 10 academic programs. The Undergraduate Academic Services (UAS) unit of the CAS Dean's office is committed to providing advisement, advisement support, and academic services to support the success and retention of all students in the college, and to providing outreach and information to the ~300 faculty who serve as advisors to undergraduates in the college.
Incumbent performs complex secretarial and administrative duties in the office of Undergraduate Academic Services in the College of Arts and Sciences. Handles confidential materials related to student records. Provides unit and program support and coordinates administrative aspects of special programs and events for the unit. Prioritizes and resolves administrative issues. A high level of independent judgment, initiative and problem-solving skills are required.
- Provides clerical and administrative support for front office activities. Handles incoming calls from students, faculty, parents, and other university offices. Refers calls to exempt staff and other university units when necessary. Frequent communications with the Office of the Registrar, faculty advisors, and students.
- Reviews student records and communicates directly with students regarding confidential status information including academic probation and dismissal.
- Assists the undergraduate units in the college in collecting and providing enrollment data and trends to support their student services and advisement activities.
- Assists with communications and advisement scheduling for New Student Orientation advisement program for the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Reviews student records and assigns ~1200 students for advisement based on majors, double majors, minors, and other factors.
- Prepares rosters for student advisement activities at new student orientation. Acts as a liaison between over 40 departments and programs and the Office of Undergraduate Academic Services.
- Provide administrative support for Dean's office senior checkout and degree clearance process for ~1700 undergraduate degrees granted annually. Contacts students regarding outstanding degree requirements for the bachelor's degree.
- Prepares all bulk mailings and communications to selected groups of students on behalf of unit
- Assists with communications for recruitment and other special events.
- Serves as a liaison for Undergraduate Academic Services regarding University policies and procedures, assists unit with problem resolution.
- Provides clerical and administrative support for numerous special projects.
- Assists in the supervision of student and miscellaneous wage labor personnel.
- Provides support for selected activities of the Associate in Arts program. Organizes confidential student records for probation and dismissal
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED with two years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of office management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, make independent decisions, plan, assign, review and evaluate the work of other personnel.
- Ability to use advanced techniques in word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html