DIR, ENROLLMENT SERVICES
DIR, ENROLLMENT SERVICES
NSOE Central Admin
The Director of Enrollment Management, housed within Student Services of the Nicholas School of the Environment (NSOE), is responsible for directing an admissions and recruitment team supporting the Master of Environmental Management (MEM), Master of Forestry (MF) degrees, and a distance learning MEM program (DEL-MEM) for mid-career professionals. Position reports to the Associate Dean of Student Services and supervises recruitment and admission officers.
The successful incumbent will have a background in recruitment and admissions, preferably at a professional school or a tuition-dependent school, and is charged with developing and implementing a recruitment and admissions strategy to meet enrollment targets. The position requires travel, ~30%.
- Lead Recruitment and Admissions strategy, management, and implementation for all professional degree programs. Develop annual recruitment strategy and schedule using relevant data and benchmarks. Research and identify best practices across peer organizations and higher education to inform strategy. Collaborate with faculty and NSOE staff, and supervise admissions and recruiting team.
- Maintain key admissions data and metrics. Collaborate with the key leadership to analyze and explain recruiting and admissions data to support future decisions; communicate key findings to leadership and faculty. Prepare admissions rubric and strategic plans. Collaborate with faculty and leadership in development of admissions plans.
- Participate in the creation and annual evaluation of the financial aid strategy with leadership. Collaborate closely with colleagues to facilitate timely financial aid counseling for prospective and admitted students.
- Conceptualize, manage, coordinate and actively participate in recruiting events. Travel is required. Utilize technology to host remote recruiting events, identify creative opportunities to recruit students, and engage with institutions.
- Utilize CRM (Ellucian) and PeopleSoft technologies to provide appropriate solutions, customizations and enhance the user online experience. Work with the higher education analyst for querying and data needs to support recruitment and admissions functions.
- Create and implement a strategy for engaging with key influence leaders such as academic advisors, faculty, parents, and alumni.
- Analyze qualifications of prospective students utilizing established admissions standards, reviewing unusual circumstances with supervisor and faculty. Correspond with prospective students, applicants, alumni, guidance counselors and others seeking information on admissions standards, academic and non-academic programs and student activities. Hire application readers, as needed and manage reader's workload. Read applications and provide admissions decision recommendations; maintain applicant and admissions decision data.
- Be responsible for the implementation and annual review of the application and application system. Work closely with the Student Information and Services System (SISS) office to ensure successful launch and implementation of application system.
- Collaboarte with student administration staff to implement an anti-melt plan.
- Lead the implementation of admissions interviews. Train admissions and recruiting team, and Nicholas School staff, on application review, implementation of admissions rubric and decisions.
- Represent Duke Nicholas School at an array of admission events on-campus and off-campus.
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing & Communications team to create a marketing and communications plan. Ensure plan is implemented and improvements made as necessary. Utilize CRM to implement plan and track success.
- Oversee all business facets of the enrollment organization, including budget, personnel, technology, etc.
- Supervise recruiters and admission staff. Oversee day-to day activities, provide performance feedback, manage promotions, transfers, disciplinary actions and vacation schedules. Provide merit recommendations.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Requires demonstrated skills and experience in developing and implementing recruiting plans and a full and working understanding of the information technology and systems needed to manage an efficient and effective admissions process.
- Significant and progressively responsible experience in higher education enrollment planning, demonstrated success in enrolling a high achieving and diverse student body, knowledge of information technologies for recruitment and enrollment, program management experience, and supervisory experience.
- Experience and a commitment to student-centered, data-driven decision making and the ability to draw on collaborative relationships in building a successful base for university enrollment.
- Must be proficient with technology. Must have intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and use of spreadsheet functions (i.e., Excel and Excel functions).
- Experience with online learning, web conferencing technology, learning management systems, and student administration is highly preferred.
- Experience with management of admissions and applications tools, such as Ellucian and Perceptive Content (ImageNow), is preferred. Familiarity with PeopleSoft is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will bring to this position leadership, creativity and initiative.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-through, ability to produce quality work in a timely fashion, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and strong oral/written communication are critical.
- Capacity to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Self-starter willing to take initiative and see projects through to completion with little guidance.
- Requires flexible hours to support peak periods of admissions season. Must travel to recruiting events, and school-wide special events. Occasional heavy lifting required.
- Higher education experience is required.
- Interest and/or knowledge in the environment field and/or the environment are a plus.
2118 DIR, ENROLLMENT SERVICES
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a knowledge and understanding of college experience and student life as well as analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires five years of experience in an academic/enrollment services or a related area. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.