Operations Senior Administrative Assistant
Working Title: Operations Senior Administrative Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 06-19-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Operations Senior Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Director, Associate/Assistant Directors, Management and Staff of the Operations division. This administrative support includes managing calendars, assisting with travel arrangements and reimbursements, scheduling interviews, writing meeting agendas and minutes, etc. The position also ensures that the director has materials needed for the day and week and plans ahead accordingly. The Operations Senior Administrative Assistant shares in the day-to-day operation of the Operations Division.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written communications.
2. Ability to manage workflow with multiple stakeholders.
3. Attention to detail with ability to show a high degree of accuracy and timeliness in work.
4. Strong working knowledge of administrative procedures.
5. Strong organizational, analytical, and detail-oriented skills.
6. Ability to act and prioritize tasks independently in a timely manner and to have independent decision-making skills by gathering information, and determining appropriate actions and responses.
7. Accurate and fast typing skills; good spelling and grammatical skills.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82119