PT Staff Assistant
PT Staff Assistant
Position Number: 53068312
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Staff Assistant. The Staff Assistant for Veteran and Adult Learner Programs assists the Assistant Director in providing services and resources to support Veteran students as well as Adult Learners across all five campuses. The Staff Assistant will serve as the primary point of contact serving veteran and adult learner students on the Dahlonega campus and is an important position within the Division of Student Affairs. Office hours will include Mondays - Wednesdays 10am - 3pm and Thursdays 10am - 2pm.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Staff Assistant will:
- Assist Veteran and Adult Learner students to understand the requirements and documentation needed to obtain prior learning assessment credit.
- Provide veteran and adult learner proactive referrals to financial aid, counseling, testing, registrar, advising, and other support services
- Assist in development of workshops for students and professional development workshops for faculty and staff on the Gainesville and Dahlonega campus. This includes advertisement, room and food reservations, scheduling speakers, and processing RSVPs.
- Provide on-site supervision of the Veteran Resource Center in Dahlonega by assisting with signing in to the center, monitoring inventory of the center, particularly evenings when other related departments are unavailable.
- Assist in maintaining the web pages for Veteran Students and Adult Learner resources and writes/edits other print materials to support these populations
- Assists with data collection on Veteran and Adult Learner Programs for Complete College Georgia, grant reporting, university assessment, etc.
- Assist with open house and orientation sessions on the Gainesville and Dahlonega campus. Serve on university-wide and division-wide committees as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office required; BANNER experience preferred
- Must have a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain exemplary working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to work under minimal supervision to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize duties
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of adult learners and /or military students and best practices in the field of prior learning assessment.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED; college preferred
- Two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.