Coordinator, Student Money Management Center
Coordinator, Student Money Management Center
Position Number: 53063451
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Coordinator in the Student Money Management Center. This position serves as the Student Money Management Center's primary representative on the Gainesville Campus, and will oversee the administration and operation of the SMMC on the Gainesville campus. Additionally, this position works across the University to meet student needs around financial literacy, developing individual and collaborative programs to educate students and their families.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Coordinator will:
- Provide leadership to the Gainesville Campus Student Money Management Center, while collaborating with SMMC staff and other colleagues to offer strong money management education, programming, and initiatives across the University.
- Offer one-on-one and group education in all areas of financial literacy to help students and families understand and apply financial literacy concepts such as budgeting, establishing financial goals, establishing credit, saving money, debt repayment, investing, risk management, and financial aid management and repayment
- Supervise SMMC Graduate Assistant and student employees/peer mentors.
- Active participant in assessment efforts for the SMMC, leading the SMMC efforts to understand and serve the Gainesville Campus population's unique needs.
- Support SMMC efforts to provide education and programming on all five campuses. Develop marketing and promotional materials for SMMC programs, events, and services.
- Assist in planning and implementation of the SMMC's annual financial literacy conference
- Active participant in strategic planning and innovation efforts for the Division of Student Affairs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of basic financial management principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Confidence presenting in public forums
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, systems and equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to utilize BANNER or familiarity with similar programs
- Ability to contribute to policies and procedures for other areas within the University involving financial literacy issues when appropriate
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, higher education, or related field
- Four (4) years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two (2) years of related experiencing organization management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in financial planning preferred
- Must hold or be willing to obtain the Certified Financial Education Instructor - Financial Literacy Certification (CFEI)
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.