Administrative Aide III, #S13270
Administrative Aide III
Takoma Park/Silver Spring
$23.26 - $31.48 per hour
Online applications must be received by June 23, 2017.
Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, Health Sciences Department has need for an Administrative Aide III, #S13270. Work schedule is 40 hours per week, variable and may include some evenings and Saturdays hours
This position is responsible for providing lead supervision to staff and/or performing more complex administrative, technical, and secretarial support to an academic or administrative unit and facilitating the administrative procedures related to the programs and services offered by the office. Responsible for leading, organizing and carrying out assigned office activities to include department events. Assigned administrative support tasks as distinct from routine secretarial/clerical decisions which involves: technical decisions, applying policies, rules, and regulations to process actions (i.e., budget, personnel, purchasing); researches information in the files and providing the results to the supervisor; maintenance of unit financial records and web page(s); and/or, representation at meetings, etc. The incumbent in this position communicates with others throughout the College and external entities to obtain and provide information, arranges appointments and staff schedules and organizes office routines; and speaks for supervisor on matters on which the supervisor's views are known, or as otherwise authorized
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises and coordinates the administrative, technical and secretarial functions of the nursing program, including determining proper work flow, setting priorities, establishing filing and record keeping systems; supervises the two nursing administrative aides so that the program needs are met.
- Develops and maintains financial tracking systems for program expenditures, including grant management, such as tracking nursing grants related expenditures and maintains an analysis on the data, which includes verifies equipment has been received. Expenses booked in the appropriate account and reconciles purchase card statements for approval by account manager; assists with developing grant proposals and budgets; assist the Director of Nursing in research, provide budget and financial data, and edit grant proposals; assist with preparing annual grant project budget reports, budget justification reports, and budget reallocation amendment requests.
- Assist with compliance of established policies and procedures regarding office services, college protocols, administrative requirements, external regulatory/ accreditation requirements; and supporting staff and faculty regarding requirements and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Interface with other departments as representative of Associate Dean/Director of Nursing and Nursing Department, such as finance, human resources, the grants office and the college foundation; provide support to the Nursing Department Chair, as needed.
- High school diploma or GED including or supplemented by courses in word processing and office practices.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience performing general office and secretarial duties involving customer service.
- Knowledge of English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and conventional styles and formats used in office communications and business writing.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Training and experience in financial planning and financial operations
- Two years of progressively responsible experience supervising general office.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience managing complex financial records
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by June 23, 2017 .
- To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment .
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire :
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Job Administrative Support
Primary Location US-MD-Takoma Park/Silver Spring
Organization VP & Provost - TP/SS
Job Posting Jun 18, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date Jun 23, 2017, 10:59:00 PM