Medical Radiographer-Radiology Diagnostic Per-Diem
At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Medical Radiographer III is a valuable member of our team, who provides clinical services to our patient population.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a TH Medical Radiographer III in the Radiology Diagnostic Department may include the following but are not limited to:
Brief Description of Duties:
• Produces diagnostic exams, positions and transfers patients, provides immobilization devices, selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis, selects and operates equipment.
• Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards, assisting physicians in administering opaque media, responsible for delegating areas of authority in the performance of routine or special procedures, may be responsible for specific areas of instruction in the school of technology and ancillary personnel.
• In absence of supervisor or senior technologist, may be designated as acting supervisor.
• Assists in performing first aid, as necessary, practices sterile techniques and prevents cross-contamination.
• May conduct periodic quality control tests, will participate or conduct research in required specialty.
• Will be required to teach radiology students or specialty.
• Will be required to teach radiology students or appropriate hospital personnel established procedures and operation of equipment, in accordance with the guidelines and teaching objectives of the department.
Required: Graduate from an accredited Radiology Technology Program, ARRT Certified, NYS DOH Licensed in Radiology Technology. In order to progress to a higher modality must obtain IV Contrast Injection Certification within the 12 month probationary period.
Preferred: Hospital experience.
Special Note: This is a Per-Diem Position; variable hours, includes weekends and holidays. Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Medical Radiographer III
Job Field: Radiology
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Radiology Diagnostic-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Per Diem Variable variableRadiology Diagnostic-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Jun 19, 2017
Posting End Date: Jul 19, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL1