Program Coordinator, CMCI CommRAP
The Program Coordinator position is a 100% appointment in the Communication and Society Residential Academic Program (CommRAP) as part of the College of Media Communication and Information. This position reports to the Director and supports all areas of program management including budget, human resources, payroll, student services and programming. The Program Coordinator is the general departmental liaison with university offices regarding issues such as equipment, parking, course scheduling, administration of Faculty Course Questionnaires, student grades and services. This role organizes, oversees, and coordinates summer activities, and represents the RAP whenever the Director and Associate Director are absent.
Who we are:
Discover a small-college atmosphere within a large research university. CommRAP is a lively community where students live and learn with peers, faculty and staff. Organized around the "communication and society" theme, CommRAP is a unique interdisciplinary meeting place-as well as an intellectual incubator and playground for the College of Media, Communication and Information (CMCI).
What your key responsibilities will be:
Program Management and Administration
- Supports the Director in implementing the CommRAP vision. Works to ensure strategic alignment of program activities with the goals of the RAP and the college.
- Manages administration of CommRAP participant lists, including tracking of program admission/exit (via Occupancy Management) and student engagement.
- Serves as a program contact for students, parents, faculty, administrators and departments across campus, engaging in campus relations activities that support the visibility of CommRAP and ensure the retention, development, and success of diverse students.
- Acts as a departmental liaison to campus. This include parking services, OIT, CMCI Academic Advising and CMCI Budget and Finance.
- Facilitates in the planning and execution of Be Boulder, Admitted Student Day, online orientation and registration and Welcome Student Days and CMCI Connect. Consults with CMCI Recruiting and Communication to ensure the ongoing professionalism, accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Provides an environment that supports diverse students in their academic, professional, and personal development. Plays essential liaison role between students and the campus in general. As needed, provides guidance concerning university procedures, help with personal issues, and referrals.
- Designs and maintains information databases using all necessary software. Is proactive in learning new policies, and attending training. Organizes office, including files, manuals, mail, and phone messages.
- Collaborates with faculty on the content for website, social media, brochures, and other recruiting materials. Consults with CMCI Communication to ensure the ongoing accuracy and timeliness of the information.
Student Services and Registration Coordinator
- Provides ongoing support to the CMCI students living in CommRAP and helps other residents connect with the proper college advising office or other campus resources.
- Provides oversight for fall and spring registration processes, assuring all individuals are notified of pertinent information and the guidelines to be followed. Provides information to students on content and structure of CMCI curriculum and RAP courses.
- Develops and implements processes and procedures for RAP course registration and works with CMCI advising to coordinate additional aspects of registration
- Understands the departmental first-year major requirements and CMCI core and can answer basic student questions and notice potential problems in student course selection.
- Provide information to students on content and structure of CMCI curriculum and RAP courses. Helps students understand how different courses meet their interests and needs
- Works with CMCI advising (and Arts & Sciences as necessary) to advise and help schedule students on campus systems.
- Works with the Director and faculty to develop and implements the RAP budget. Has primary fiscal responsibility for both restricted and unrestricted funds. This includes tracking correct and timely payables, receivables, journal adjustments, transfer of funds, reconciliation of general and gift funds.
- Reconciles monthly budget statements and provides Director with updates on budget balances on a monthly basis or as needed.
- Keeps Director informed of critical accounting issues, problems, or other situations that impact the RAP.
- Analyzes reports from bursar's office to verify payment of student program fees.
- Maintains a positive and productive working relationship with CMCI Budget Office to facilitate an efficient budgetary process.
- Authorizes approval for purchase of items. Orders all furniture, supplies, and equipment. Creates and approves journal entries for other campus purchases and services.
- Coordinates with CMCI academic departments to coordinate courses sections and recitations. Requests permission from academic departments to teach specific department courses with faculty from the department, RAP rostered faculty or lecturers.
- Contacts faculty to determine available days/times, coordinates scheduling of instructors and rooms, and builds schedule in ISIS in a timely manner.
- Works with the Co-Curriculum Coordinator to plan and execute co-curricular activities. Manages transportation and housing and on-campus locations needed for co-curricular events and guests. Organizes field trips and, when appropriate, determines that all planned activities are safe and all students have signed liability waivers before leaving campus.
Human Resources/Payroll Liaison
- Manages paperwork for new hires and continuing faculty, oversees the payroll and records maintenance.
- Completes all necessary paperwork to pay guest speakers' honoraria, including scope of work paperwork.
- Prepares and directs offer letters to the appropriate department/person for signature, and follows through with payroll to ensure that the faculty member is paid correctly
- Oversees and manages student hourly workers as it pertains to HR/payroll.
Community Programming/Event Coordination
- Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of activities supporting the student experience.
- Collaborates with Co-Curriculum Coordinator to ensure events are effectively executed.
- Works closely with other departments, units, and organizations to provide opportunities for student involvement.
- Assists the Co-Curriculum Coordinator in the management of student employees.
What you should know:
- This position requires a valid driver's license and successful completion of CU defensive training.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $56,000.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be creative. Be flexible. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid driver's license.
What you will need:
- Ability to work well with multiple constituents while under multiple pressing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to successfully complete CU defensive driving training.
What we'd like you to have:
- Public speaking experience.
- Experience working with students and faculty in an academic or residential setting.
- Digital development capabilities.
- Experience in social media development and execution.
- Basic understanding of adobe suite software.
- Experience with online registration and course management systems.
- Experience in curricular and co-curricular program development.
- Experience working with traditionally underrepresented or underserved students.
- Experience in budget and finance.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by June 26, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-Job Number.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10348 - College of Media, Comm&Info-Dn
Posting Date: Jun 19, 2017
Closing Date: Jun 26, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00734737