Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Position #704220 - Requisition 09294
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Human Resources has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
This position serves on the Talent Acquisition and Compensation team in the campus HR office and will be primarily located at the Anschutz Medical Campus and may be assigned to the Denver campus. Our department provides customer-focused human resources solutions by partnering with our faculty and staff to advance the University's mission, vision and values.
This position determines and implements strategies for talent acquisition, job evaluation, and retention of University Staff and Classified staff; ensures compliance with FLSA and State personnel laws, rules, regulations, procedures, and guidelines; and communicates, internally and externally, about human resource practices and specific actions. This position reports to the Director of Talent Acquisition and Compensation.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary has been established as $55,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
A bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience in full-cycle recruitment and experience utilizing web-based HRMS and applicant tracking systems.
Substitution: Technical or professional human resources experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree requirement but not for the two years of professional experience.
- 5 years of professional level experience in full-cycle recruitment.
- Experience with job evaluation, selection and/or compensation.
- Experience working with Taleo ATS, sourcing on LinkedIn, and utilizing PeopleSoft HRMS.
- Certification in selection or job evaluation from the State of Colorado or other professional certification (PHR, SPHR, IPMA, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to actively listen and share relevant information, anticipate problems, establish and maintain effective working relationships, and work effectively with internal and external constituents to satisfy service expectation.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have experience that demonstrates problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interest and desire for a career in the human resources field.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Jennifer Koehmstedt at Jennifer.Koehmstedt@ucdenver.edu.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by May 5, 2017. Those who do not apply by May 5th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60043 - ADM-AVCHR Administration
Posting Date: Apr 21, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Koehmstedt
Posting Contact Email: Jennifer.Koehmstedt@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00704220