Part-Time 50% Accounting Technician & Payroll Coordinator (ATII)
The Accounting Technician & Payroll Coordinator will support and assist the Law School's Budget & Finance Director, thereby ensuring timely and accurate execution of financial and budget matters of the Law School, in accordance with established policies and procedures. This role exists to provide necessary technical expertise to help the Law School faculty and staff understand and implement the policies and procedures of the University's financial and human resources systems.
Who we are:
Colorado Law School strives for excellence and innovation in legal education, research, and professional engagement, while making a positive impact on humanity both locally and globally. The Payroll Coordinator functions as part of the Dean's Suite team, which is fast-paced, engaging and collaborative.
What your key responsibilities will be:
HR and Payroll Responsibilities
- Liaison to various law departments in hiring student assistant time collection and reconciling effort and compensation
- Liaison to central HR Service Center for entry of all student faculty, temporary and fellowship appointments into the payroll system
- Interface with HR Service Center to ensure that aforementioned hires and compensation are entered correctly
- Interface financial aid representative, professors, Associate Deans and students to ensure that the Law School employees in this group are hired into HRMS correctly, including that work-study awards are appropriately awarded
- Address and resolve student payroll inquiries and concerns as needed
- Reconciles and resolves student hourly funding issues with Professors
Manage time collection for student, classified and professional exempt staff
- Liaise with HR Service Center to resolve leave balance discrepancies with staff and directors as needed. Create Additional Pay Forms for "Employee Recognition Program", Honorariums and additional pay forms as appropriate
Faculty Research Associate Budgets & Faculty Development Account Reporting
- Serve as back up to Manager of Operations in reporting RA & FD balances to each professor on a quarterly basis or as needed
- Research financial issues as directed by Budget Officer as needed
- This position will need to apply GAAP principles to interpret validity of transactions and verify School of Law is in compliance with University and State Procurement rules when reconciling Faculty Development fund
Support the Budget Director in budget and reconciliation duties
- Create journals and PETS as requested by the Budget Officer and as appropriate for student employees
- Interface with financial aid representatives, professors and students to ensure that the Law School makes the best use of available work study award budgets
- Create and send monthly financial reports to units as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What you should know:
- This position is a part-time position that will work approximately 20 hours per week.
- This position is benefits eligible.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting monthly salary for this position is $1,629.60 (adjusted for 50% FTE).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be collaborative. Be empowered. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
Must be a current Colorado resident to apply.
Two years of full-time equivalent technical accounting experience.
Two years of college, university or non-correspondence business school which included eighteen (18) semester credit hours of accounting or bookkeeping can substitute for the required experience.
What you will need:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Motivated, proactive, and self-starting
- Problem solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to follow departmental policies and guidelines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
What we'd like you to have:
- One year of accounting experience in a higher education environment
- Two years of customer service experience
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
Please apply by 6/26/2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09936. PI98211220
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10352 - School of Law
Posting Date: Jun 19, 2017
Closing Date: Jun 26, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00694276