Inst for CV & Metabolic Dis - 304200
The Institute of Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disease is home to researchers with a wide variety of interests and approaches. The Institute is truly integrative as all faculty are engaged in interdisciplinary studies that span molecular, cellular, systems and behavioral sciences, with strong traditions of excellence in the study of cardiovascular, renal and neural-humoral control systems. The research activities of many of our faculty and graduate students involve studies of normal physiology such as exercise and travel to altitude as well as pathophysiological states such as heart failure, hypertension, cardiopulmonary bypass surgery, diabetes, obesity and sleep apnea.
The Institute for Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disease at the UNTHSC is seeking to hire a Research Specialist to join their team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Maintaining inventory.
* Assist biological and medical scientist in laboratory.
* Pre & post purchase tracking.
* Small animal surgery.
* Animal handling.
* Analyze experimental data.
* Set-up, adjust, calibrate, clean, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory and field equipment.
* Measure or weigh compounds and solutions for use in testing.
* Conduct research and assist in the conduct of research, including the collection of information and samples.
* Keep detailed logs of all work related activities.
* Maintenance and monitoring.
* Making solutions.
* Maintain lab cleanliness.
* Maintain drug log for controlled substances.
* Work well in a group setting time management.
* Knowledgeable of rules and regulations governing use of animals, controlled substance and lab safety.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of related Experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledgeable of rules and regulations governing use of animals
controlled substance and lab safety, small animal surgery.
* Manage the laboratory and perform experiments outlines in the PPG.
* Expertise in animal handling and small animal surgery.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with the online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled