Assistant Project Manager
Salary: $53,700 - $92,900
Title: Assistant Project Manager
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Architects & Engineers
Date Posted: 04/21/2017
Position Information: The Office of Architects and Engineers manages the programming, design, and construction of new and remodeled major and minor capital projects, with an active project load of over $1.1 billion. This position is accountable to the campus to provide projects that are on schedule, within budget, high quality, sustainable, cost effective, and appropriate to the client's needs. The Assistant Project Manager assists the Project Managers and Sr. Project Managers in the support of the design and construction effort. This position provides project coordination for work performed within UCR facilities, acting as primary point of contact for deferred maintenance, repair, renovation and construction project work. Manages small and minor capital design and construction projects (typically less than $750K). Oversees and ensures that all training and close-out documents meet the contract requirements and are properly turned over to the appropriate entity. In support of the PM and Sr. PM, will make recommendations to modify construction and design contracts to incorporate the close-out and training needs of the project.
Minimum Requirements: Skills to develop project scope and drawings.
Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including effective negotiation skills.
Demonstrated ability to manage contractors and maintain compliance to the agreed-upon scope of work and budget.
Good organizational and analytical skills. Detail oriented to accurately proof contracts and other documents.
Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, and project management software.
Knowledge of building and construction, design, construction contract administration and California Building Codes.
Strong math skills, including the ability to reach solutions/make calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages and fractions.
Ability to be flexible to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
Strong customer service skills to resolve customer issues quickly and tactfully, and proven skill in listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of customers.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of University of California policies and procedures, and knowledge of UCR campus.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview