Residency Program Coordinator (Family Medicine - Palm Springs)
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $67,500
The mission of the UCR School of Medicine is to improve the health of the people of California and, especially, to serve Inland Southern California by training a diverse workforce of physicians and by developing innovative research and health care delivery programs that will improve the health of the medically under-served in the region and become models to be emulated throughout the state and nation. UCR School of Medicine (SOM) is seeking an experienced professional who will become an integral part of assisting in the development and management of the Family Medicine Program in Palm Springs. Under the supervision of the Residency Program Director, and the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Manager, manages all aspects of the resident recruitment and selection process, manages all day-to-day operational aspects for the designated residency program and participates in long-range planning and development of the program, financial analysis, manages resident admissions and onboarding activities, provides analytical and programmatic support to the Director, and serves as a resource to residents in matters such as establishing library privileges, coordinating employment and benefits matters with SOM Human Resources, and other administrative duties as assigned. Please note: this position will be located in Palm Springs.
Investigative, data analysis, and reporting skills. Ability to generate computer reports, checking for errors, correcting and submitting accurate reports. Skills include entering, maintaining, extracting, and analyzing data in electronic systems.
Communication skills; includes verbal, written and active listening. Service oriented and responsive to questions and requests. Ability to interact in a professional, resourceful, and courteous manner.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships within department and with learners.
Basic knowledge of administrative analysis and operations research. Acquiring skills in developing and implementing processes and systems. Familiarity with the administrative and operational implications in a program.
Basic knowledge of relevant policies and regulatory requirements. Basic knowledge of health professions education industry.
Knowledge of educational technology and systems. Ability to troubleshoot and triages related technology issues.
Excellent organizational skills, analytical, and demonstrated attention to detail. Ability to work with extremely complex faculty calendars/schedules requires extremely well organized and detail oriented precision.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive and confidential patient and employee information.
Ability to maintain workflow with changing priorities, frequent interruptions and stressful situations while working with a positive attitude.
Ability to speak in public and present to various groups.
Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with general supervision.
Knowledge and experience working with UC or UCR policies, procedures and business systems.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview