Job ID 23428
Full/Part Time Full-Time
The Instructor will:
- Develop and teach courses related to commodity marketing and risk management that complement and extend the current undergraduate curriculum.
- Provide formal and informal advising to undergraduate students and student organization.
- Work with undergraduate program leaders to develop external funding sources and build a sustainable commodity marketing program.
- Develop extension programs and curriculum that can be offered/implemented across the state to support Missouri farmers' agricultural marketing efforts with an emphasis on grains.
- Implement educational opportunities for regional MU extension specialists to receive training in current topics related to the marketing of agricultural products.
- A Master's in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Finance or related degree is required.
- Industry experience in commodities merchandising and commodity risk management is required.
- Excellent written and communication skills is required.
- Minimum of 5 years professional work experience is preferred.
Screening of applications will begin on upon the position's posting and will continue for 30 days or until the position is filled.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
All applications must include a letter of application, contact information for three professional references and CV/resume.