Radiology Technologist Sr/MRI/UKHC
The MRI Technologist shall be responsible for performing Magnetic Resonance Imaging procedures in accordance with standards and practice set forth by ARRT and Department Policies and Procedures.
The MRI Technologist demonstrates a knowledge of the human structure and functions, patient care, positioning, principles of electromagnetic and computer sciences, magnetic protection and specialized techniques.
Applies appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure
Graduate of an accredited program in Radiologic technology
Must hold Radiation Operator Certificate from the Kentucky Radiation Operators program and be registered in good standing with the Americian Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
Radiology Technologist Sr/MRI/UKHC
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
ARRT (AMERICAN REGISTRY OF RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGISTS) or ARDMS
Will be require to lift up up to 50lbs.
40 hrs/week 10 hr night shift, holiday coverage is a must and other shifts possible
MRI equipment operation and safety, PACS, RIS, CPR, KY State Radiation Certification, and AART.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
MRI registry with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists within one year of hired date.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Do you have a diploma, associates degree or higher in radiology, or anticipate receiving a degree?
- * Are you currently certified by the ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) or eligible to obtain this certification by date of hire?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter