The Second Shift Manager serves as expert, professional resource to service areas and Pharmacy Services. This position manages central pharmacy based clinical and drug distribution services in order to provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care, accountability for staff, services provided and level of performance within assigned areas, and accountable for managing operations primarily on second shift.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered).
Pharmacist Spvr/Coord/Shift-BSD/UKHC - Second Shift Manager
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
May include standing for greater than 5 hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day. May require the ability to reach items above shoulder level and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Evening Shift; 12 noon - 12 midnight; 7 days on/7 days off; Saturday - Friday.
Clinical experience in the specific practice area; knowledge of inpatient drug distribution and ability to prioritize.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Pharmacy Residency or comparable inpatient hospital pharmacy experience.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you licensed or eligible to be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Kentucky?
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter