Pharmacist Clinical Staff/Shift-BSD/UKHC
Provides Pharmaceutical Care to patients in an inpatient hospital setting. Compounds and dispenses medications upon receiving written (i.e. electronic) orders from physicians. Provides supervision of technical staff and confirms the quality and accuracy of dispensed products. Maintains inventory and records on narcotics and other forms of drugs. Reviews and interprets prescriptions and drug profiles to ensure appropriate drug therapy has been prescribed and ensures that drug interactions are considered. Contacts and confers with physicians and other practitioners to optimize drug therapy. This may include active participation on patient care rounds, review of patient profiles, provision of pharmacokinetics.
Pharmacist Clinical Staff/Shift-BSD/UKHC
Pharmacist Clinical Staff/Shift-BSD/UKHC - 3rd Shift Central Pharmacy
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
May include standing for greater than 5 hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day. May require the ability to reach items above shoulder level and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
3rd Shift; rotates 9p - 7a and 10p to 8a; 7days on/7 days off with some weekend and holiday requirements.
Strong clinical skills; knowledge of inpatient drug distribution and dispensing; ability to prioritize.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Hospital Pharmacy experience preferred. Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 residency program (or have equivalent experience), preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you licensed or eligible to be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Kentucky?
- * How many years of experience do you have practicing as a licensed pharmacist?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Briefly describe your pharmacy experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you completed or are you currently participating in an ASHP residency program?
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter