The position of Physical Therapist will provide direct patient care while adhering to the policies and procedures of the University of Kentucky Healthcare Enterprise and the Inpatient Rehabilitation Services and in accordance with state and federal regulations. Will perform physical therapy evaluations and render physical therapy treatment following physician's orders. Will treat patients with a variety of diagnoses. Will perform appropriate documentation in the electronic medical record.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered)
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: regularly lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects 50lbs and above; occasionally sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing); regular risk of back injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; regular exposure to blood borne and airborne pathogens; and occasional exposure to combative/violent people.
Day shift with rotating weekend and holiday requirements
Excellent communication and computer skills, necessary. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's degree in physical therapy; acute care and ortho experience preferred. Registry eligible or registered in physical therapy.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently registry eligible or registered as a physical therapist?
- * Can you work flexible hours or days to accommodate patient needs and work flow?
- * Please describe your experience working in a high stress, fast paced, and multi-tasking environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter