Busy academic medical center seeks to find an experienced histotechnologist that will perform routine histology duties including but not limited to embedding, microtomy, staining and special stains.
This position possesses the ability to provide consistent and quality embedding of tissues in order to turn out slides of high quality on a wide variety of tissues. Plays critical role in ensuring slides are submitted to the Pathologist in a timely manner.
Will also be responsible for operating processors, stainers, and slide engraver, as well as filing slides and blocks. Maintains confidentiality at all times. Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members. Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, and staff. Attention to detail is a must.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Occ lifting, pushing, and pulling of objects and/or patients greater than 50 lbs.; sitting and standing for long periods of time; exposure to bloodborne/airborne pathogens; regular exposure to chemicals and fumes; repetitive motion required at least half the time; risk of back injury
40 hours/week; shift may vary; holiday and weekend call required on rotational basis
Tissue embedding, staining, microtomy and cutting frozen sections; routine histology exerience
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
BS with one year paid experience in histology laboratory and HT or HTL certification;
CoPath experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your ASCP certification.
- HT (ASCP)
- HTL (ASCP)
- Other ASCP certification
- HT or HTL (ASCP) certification eligible
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your histology experience.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your work schedule availability.
- None of the above
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs.com
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- Latinos in Higher Education
- A colleague, friend, and/or family member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter