Contracts Specialist 2
Working Title Contracts Specialist 2
Inspire Awesome with Eastern Washington University. We are currently seeking a Contracts Specialist 2
This position has the responsibility in the negotiation and preparation of complex contracts, inter agency agreements, affiliation agreements, insurance related requirements, and international contract management.
Responsible for leases and letters of understanding to provide or obtain services or goods for EWU, including technical contract support activities such as contract cost/price analysis, contract compliance administration or contract property administration.
Responsible for the contract process and maintaining contract documentation and contract changes.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as unsupervised access with the developmentally disable, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
This is an agency shop position.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at email@example.com.Required Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree involving major study in public administration, business law, commerce, economics, mathematics, statistics or closely aligned field.
- Two years of experience in negotiating, administering, or terminating government contracts, contract property management, contract cost or price analysis, or contract compliance administration.
- A law degree from an accredited college or university approved by the Washington State Bar Association may be substituted for the experience and education.
- Additional qualifying experience may be substituted, year for year.
- A Master's degree in one of the above academic disciplines may be substituted for one (1) year of experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity
- Professional procurement and contracting experience in Higher Education or in governmental entities.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Experience in negotiating, interpreting, implementing, and administering contracts and related agreements.
- Experience in the preparation and interpretation of complex contracts.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of: regulations, policies and procedures for preparation of contracts, agreements, etc.; business and professional services, practices and trends, sources of supply and cost factors, contract terminology and development.
- Ability to: deal with representatives of business, the professions and institutions, to agree on terms of contracts; assure compliance with terms of contracts, agreements, etc., and obtain timely delivery of goods or services at the most reasonable prices; coordinate contract negotiation work with efforts of other units in need of services if applicable; advise department offices and sections on contract terms and conditions.