Zumba Physical Fitness Adjunct Instructor - Fall 2017
MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
*Zumba Physical Fitness Adjunct Instructor - Fall 2017
SALARY:	Depends on Qualifications
OPENING DATE:	06/19/17
CLOSING DATE:	Continuous
Monterey Peninsula College is currently accepting applications to establish a pool for future part-time teaching assignments in this discipline.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Under the general supervision of the Division or Department Chair, the adjunct instructor will provide instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, class schedules, and Governing Board policy; evaluate progress of students concerning educational matters, and perform other instructional related duties as assigned. Instructor may be assigned to the Monterey campus and/or Marina Education Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•	Meet each scheduled class and teach or conduct learning exercises for the entire period.
•	Contact the appropriate division chair or administrator in advance to make arrangements for unavoidable absences.
•	Provide each student at the beginning of the course with written information about the course, to include a full description of the grading system and how the student will be evaluated.
•	Accurately keep required class records on attendance, withdrawal and grading.
•	Submit when due, all necessary reports such as attendance and grade reports, roll books, and class information sheets, and certify as to their accuracy.
•	Comply with all institutional policies and procedures.
•	Give careful attention to all bulletins, memorandums and emails from administrative offices.
•	Check faculty mailbox and MPC email frequently.
•	Master's degree in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education, OR bachelor's degree in any of the above AND master's degree in any life
•	science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy OR
•	The equivalent. Applicant must submit equivalency form.
•	Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
WORK SCHEDULE / SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
•	Teaching assignments are part-time and temporary in nature. Assignments are subject to Governing Board approval, adequate enrollment size, and assignment to a contract instructor.
•	Offer and assignment of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credentials, transcripts, fingerprint check, and tuberculosis examination as required.
•	Hourly Teaching Rate: $44.44-$58.80
Monterey Peninsula College actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants interested in working in an environment which values flexibility, openness to change, collaboration, respect for others and their points of view, and involvement in College activities, all with the goal of meeting the needs of our diverse student population. The District does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mpc/jobs/1773258/zumba-physical-fitness-adjunct-instructor-fall-2017