Associate Director of Admission
Associate Director of Admission
Posting Number: S0368
Classification: Administrative/Professional Anticipated Length of Appointment: ongoing
Special area(s) of assignment (teaching/research/administration):
Willamette University is accepting applications for the position of Associate Director of Admission within the Office of Admission.
The Associate Director of Admission is essential to supporting the mission and enrollment goals of Willamette University and to ensuring the current and future academic quality and fiscal health of the University. The Associate Director participates as part of the College of Liberal Arts Admission team in all admission-related activities including, but not limited to, management of an admission territory, high school visitations and University representation at college fairs, correspondence, telephone and email contacts, conducting interviews, implementation of recruitment events, review of applicant files, participation in merit scholarship recommendations, supervision of a portion of the admission professional staff and facilitates collaboration between staff to achieve enrollment goals for Willamette University.
Work involves a variety of duties and responsibilities including travel and outreach in Willamette University's admission efforts for the College of Liberal Arts. Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills for both internal and external audiences. Service and quality of the campus visit has a significant impact on Willamette's image and student's decision to enroll.
To learn more about the Office of Admission, please visit http://www.willamette.edu/admission
This is a full-time, year round position. This position is eligible for the University's generous benefits package that includes: medical/dental insurance, sick and vacation accruals, contribution of 10% of gross base pay from the University in exchange for a mandatory contribution of 1% by the employee, tuition remission, and holidays.
Salary range is commensurate with experience and education.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
• Meets and/or exceeds enrollment goals from the designated travel territory for the CLA Office of Admission
• Territory Management: Has responsibility for all recruitment-related activities with prospective students in designated territories, i.e., presentations, telephone calls, correspondence, travel, application file reading, interviewing, alumni contacts, and annual report for the territory
• Supervises a small group of professional staff in the Admission office in alignment with the mission and vision of the university
• Works collaboratively with other senior leaders in the Admission office to provide leadership
• Demonstrate the highest professional demeanor and ethical behavior while representing the University. Outstanding speaking, writing and listening skills are required.
• Safeguard the confidentiality of student, staff and university information by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, staff, parents, alumni and current and prospective students, and in handling departmental records and files and similar confidential materials.
• Partners with other offices on campus (i.e. office of multicultural affairs, student success staff etc.) to support enrollment objectives for diverse and underrepresented populations
• Engages with CBOs, government agencies and community members to support the university’s diversity strategy
• Expected to read widely to remain current in external market conditions and identify best admission practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Information/About the Department:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Four or more years of experience in a successful college admission program, preferably at a liberal arts institution. Experience supervising staff is required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to describe University programs and campus culture. The ability to articulate the value and benefits of a liberal arts education to a variety of audiences is essential.
• Strong proficiency in the use of a computer for communications, data management, and data reporting ; including Microsoft Office and Google platform. Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software.
• A demonstrated commitment to inclusion, equity and social justice with experience in providing support and advocacy for diverse communities (includes but not limited to: race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, ability and socioeconomic status), required.
• Demonstrated ability to relate positively and professionally with prospective students, parents, alumni, and high school counselors.
• Excellent organizational, time management, and planning skills.
• Must have the ability to exercise good judgment while working collegially in a high pressure, deadline driven environment, especially in confidential and sensitive situations.
• Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students.
• Significant travel required, plus some evenings and weekends.
• Possess a valid Oregon’s driver’s license with acceptable driving record or the ability to obtain an Oregon driver’s license within 30 days of being hired.
• Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
1. BA/BS from an independent residential liberal arts college.
2. Master’s degree.
3. Slate CRM system and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat)
4. Bilingual, English/Spanish.
Thank you for considering an administrative position within Willamette University (WU). Please note that you will need to create an account in order to apply, if this is your first time applying online with WU.
You will be asked to submit the following documents as part of your application materials:
• Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
• Current Resume
• As part of the application, please include a list of at least three references (name, title, preferred contact information, and brief description working relationship to reference).
*Please complete all sections of the online application, do not leave sections blank.
Application Deadline: Open until finalists are selected with screening to begin immediately. Desired start date is August 1st, or sooner.
Open Date: 06/16/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Apply online at https://jobs.willamette.edu/postings/2393
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.