Part-Time Warehouse Associate
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Part-Time Warehouse Associate
Facilities - 9910100
Business & Finance
Cover Letter, Resume
The Part Time Warehouse Associate is responsible for participating in the receipt and shipment of district goods; maintaining required inventory levels; ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct; verifying stock and identifying losses; maintaining an organized warehouse layout; and transporting orders over designated routes.
- Participates in the shipping, receiving, organizing, storing and issuing of goods including supplies, equipment and food for the purpose of assuring shipments are prepared for delivery and delivered in a timely manner.
- Receives stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
- Drives vehicles (e.g. truck, forklift, electric and non-electric pallet jacks, etc.) for the purpose of transporting packages and materials to designated sites.
- Delivers a variety of items (e.g. boxes, packages, cargo, office supplies, furniture, equipment, testing materials etc.) for the purpose of distributing items to assigned locations and/or individuals.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving and/or shipping packages to their destination.
- Responds to inquiries of staff for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the status of deliveries, etc.
- Maintains delivery vehicles (e.g. checking fluid levels, fueling, cleaning, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle.
- Cleans warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary work area.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with education and experience.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School diploma / GED
- Forklift certified.
- Previous distribution center experience
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). This is a part-time position up to 19 hours per week.