Executive Assistant - Information Technology - Central Services
Yosemite Community College District/Central Services
Executive Assistant - Information Technology - Central Services
Salary: Management Salary Schedule 2015-2016 Range 20: $4,460 to $5,670/monthly salary
Complete job description and application available online at: https://yosemite.peopleadmin.com/postings/2798
Under general direction, coordinates and performs highly responsible, complex, technical, and confidential administrative support activities in support of an executive manager within the District; serves as liaison to District staff and the educational community; aids in the interpretation of operational goals and objectives, and the policies and regulations governing the assigned work area functions and activities; and performs related work as assigned.
This is a highly specialized, advanced-level administrative support class. Positions in the class report to one of several executive level positions within the Yosemite Community College District (YCCD) and are responsible for representing the executive’s office with a wide variety of constituents, often authorized to act on the executive’s behalf, or to synthesize information for the executive’s actions.
This class may be distinguished from the Executive Support Secretary or other administrative support positions because this class describes positions where incumbents perform a broader and more responsible set of duties, emphasizing quasi-analytical and para-professional administrative work rather than the provision of secretarial support.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direction from a cabinet-level executive manager.
May provide lead or functional supervision over lower level support staff or other district staff, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The knowledge and ability requirements are representative of essential duties. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Procedures, methods, strategies, and techniques pertaining to the operation of a cabinet executive’s
• Modern office practices, trends, and procedures, standard office equipment and
• Modern data management, storage, and retrieval systems applicable to the District’s information
• Legal mandates, policies, regulations, and procedures which govern the cabinet level executive’s
• English usage, spelling, grammar, and manuscript and report formatting;
• Effective and efficient communication techniques, strategies, and procedures.
• Effectively and efficiently perform highly responsible and technical administrative assistant functions
• Compile data and information, and prepare comprehensive reports;
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form;
• Establish and maintain a complex data management, storage, and retrieval system; using microcomputers
and computer terminals;
• Keyboard enter at a net corrected speed of 60 words per minute;
• Take and transcribe dictation, or use transcription equipment to produce accurately and efficiently a
variety of printed informational material and data;
• Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships and maintain a calm, tactful, and diplomatic manner.
Any combination of education, experience and/or training that would likely provide the above-required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Typical background patterns that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
• Education: Equivalent to possession of AA degree from an accredited college, with major course work in business management, supplemented by course work or training in office management, public relations, or related areas.
• Experience: Six years of increasingly responsible administrative assistant and/or executive secretarial experience, including four years of technical administrative work pertaining to any number of functional areas, such as program research, administration, communications, finance, contract management, resource development, payroll, scheduling, purchasing, personnel, curriculum, and/or related areas. Experience in an educational organization is highly desirable.
Example of Duties
• Perform highly responsible, complex, technical, and confidential administrative support activities for an executive manager.
• May serve as office manager, dealing with a variety of sensitive and privileged matters.
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of information and data requested for administrative review; take action as deemed necessary within established guidelines.
• Interpret policies, regulations, and operational procedures in areas of assignment to those persons contacting the administrator’s office.
• May act as a first point of contact to persons contacting administrator’s office including the answering of routine inquiries and correspondence, maintaining an action calendar, scheduling appointments, conferences and meetings, and a variety of other operational details.
• Plan, organize, and assist in the preparation of the materials and documents pertaining to the Board meeting agenda.
• Maintain schedules of follow up items and monitor action items needed for review.
• May take and transcribe correspondence, memoranda, reports, and other communicative documents that include technical terminology requiring a familiarity with legal mandates, policies, regulations, and operational procedures affecting the administrator’s functional responsibilities.
• May attend meetings and conferences as requested, take, and transcribe notes into summary form.
• Assist with budget planning and expenditure control procedures.
• May coordinate and/or assist with special events planning.
• Establish and maintain complex manual and automated alphabetical, numerical, and subject matter
files and data that may include sensitive and privileged data.
• Operate personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certificates
May require a valid California driver’s license.
Physical and Mental Standards
• Mobility: ability to sit for long periods, move about an office, stand occasionally, reach above and below desk level.
• Dexterity: fine manipulation sufficient to operate a keyboard, handle individual papers, write and take notes.
• Lifting: occasional lifting of papers, files, equipment and material weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Visual Requirements: close vision sufficient to read files, documents, and computer screens and do close-up work; ability to adjust focus frequently.
• Hearing/Talking: ability to hear normal speech, speak and hear on the telephone, and speak in person.
• Emotional/Psychological Factors: ability to make decisions and concentrate; frequent contact with others including some public contact; frequent deadlines and time-limited assignments.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Work is generally performed in a standard office environment.
• Work may require occasional evening and weekend hours.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.