Bus Driver (Motor Vehical Operator) - CUNY School of Medicine
Under supervision operates motor vehicles such as passenger cars, ambulates, vans, hearses, trucks, wreckers, forklifts, tractor-trailer trucks and sign-erecting trucks; in a small garage, may dispatch personnel, motor vehicles and equipment; performs related work. Employees in this title may be required to work rotating shifts, including nights, Saturdays, and holidays.
- Operates one or more types of motor vehicles such as passenger car, ambulate, van, hearse, truck, wrecker, forklift, tractor-trailer truck and sign-erecting truck.
- May drive a truck carrying employees and material to and from work locations.
- May act as a chauffeur to an official.
- Checks the tires, oil and fuel of the vehicle, replenishes fluids as needed, and checks the vehicle to see that lights, horn and brakes appear to be operating properly.
- Reports any noticeable mechanical defects in the vehicle.
- Cleans the windows and interior and exterior of the vehicle.
- Changes tires or wheels.
- Assists in loading and unloading of materials, equipment and passengers.
- Reports any accidents in which the vehicle may have been involved.
- Operates motor equipment mounted on, or transported by, the vehicle.
- Watches for traffic hazards while labor force is engaged in making emergency repairs.
- Transports collectors and cases of coin boxes to and from collection areas.
- Is responsible for tools, supplies, materials and equipment carried in or on the assigned vehicle.
- Prepares trip reports.
- In a small garage, may dispatch personnel, motor vehicle and equipment.
- When not driving, may be required to perform such additional duties as running errands, answering phones and delivering mail and/or small packages.
Motor Vehicle Operator
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The CUNY School of Medicine seeks to fill a vacancy for a Motor Vehicle Operator to transport students from the City College of New York campus to applicable clinical-rotation sites.
- There are no formal education or experience requirements.
- Candidates will be required to undergo a medical examination.
- Possession of a Motor Vehicle License valid in the State of New York at the time of appointment.
- For appointment to certain positions in some agencies, possessions of a Class A, B or C Commercial Driver License valid in the State of New York, or a combination of these licenses, or possession of valid New York Sate Learner's Permit for Class A, B or C Commercial Driver License, may be required. A candidate with a Learners' Permit must obtain the appropriate driver license within three month from the date of appointment.
- History of serious moving violations, license suspension or serious accidents may disqualify for appointment. Employees must maintain the appropriate driver license(s) for the duration of their employment.
A CDL Passenger driver's license with an S and air brake endorsement are required.
New Hire: $36,566
This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (16863) or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
July 8, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Job Title: Bus Driver (Motor Vehical Operator) - CUNY School of Medicine
Job ID: 16863
Full/Part Time: Full-Time