Licensure and Field Specialist
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Follow state and federal regulations along with AIC School of Education policies and procedures regarding endorsement, field, student teaching and practicum placements.
- Work cooperatively in a team setting to assure efficient and smooth administration of endorsement and field procedures.
- Utilize appropriate school, state and federal databases for reporting purposes.
- Using LiveText, establish and coordinate student teaching, clinical and field placements, including assignments, training and oversight of supervising practitioners and program supervisors in the use of LiveText.
- Develop and support electronic placement processes with Massachusetts school district administrators and building principals to effectively and efficiently make candidate placements in a timely matter.
- Work with the Chief Licensure Officer and Director of Field Experience in program assessment, accreditation review support and coordination of Title II assessment data.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in an Area of Education required
- Master's in Education preferred
- Expertise in education or curriculum and instruction required
- Expertise in education preferred
- Experience in higher education, use of academic data bases (Live Text, Task Stream, Folio Tech) required
- Strong commitment to high-quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds.
- Knowledge and application of management skills including planning, prioritizing, implementing and evaluating.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team oriented office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of all professions, ranks and personalities.
- Ability to use technology effectively, including skill in the use of databases and accountability models
- Ability to think globally and apply experiences in a creative and strategic manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to keep up-to-date records and develop user-friendly and informative reports and information sheets.
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students and faculty
- Expertise that complements and expands that of the department
This is a full time, benefited position. Normal business hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm, flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.